Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who don't have enough tedium in your lives, please refer to my noob post at I'll miss the thrill... | Indian Motorcycle Forum for some history.

The dealer finally got the right gaskets in and replaced them and did a more extended test ride (~50 mi) and has declared me leak free. Trailered it home last night and haven't put him through his paces yet but expect to do a couple-three hundred mi today. Will advise after.

As I suspected from the leak pattern and as confirmed by the dealer, the forward, upper pushrod tube seal was nicked or defective. I am assuming the rear lifter block gasket, the original complaint, has been dealt with as well. We shall see what we shall see.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
For those of you who don't have enough tedium in your lives, please refer to my noob post at I'll miss the thrill... | Indian Motorcycle Forum for some history.

The dealer finally got the right gaskets in and replaced them and did a more extended test ride (~50 mi) and has declared me leak free. Trailered it home last night and haven't put him through his paces yet but expect to do a couple-three hundred mi today. Will advise after.

As I suspected from the leak pattern and as confirmed by the dealer, the forward, upper pushrod tube seal was nicked or defective. I am assuming the rear lifter block gasket, the original complaint, has been dealt with as well. We shall see what we shall see.

This is great news. Hope it remains "leak free" Enjoy

·
Registered
74 Posts

Wishing you the best luck on this. Have a good ride.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We are indeed back in business. ~200 mi, high and low speed, cool down, heat soaked and still dry as a bone. The only nit I have to pick is that the clutch seems to be dragging a bit. Something that appears will be easy to adjust. Other than that, all major systems and sub-systems are functioning. No missed hookups, loose fasteners, etc. Other than my casting a jaundiced eye on the lifter blocks from time to time for the next couple months, this case appears to be closed. That was American Biker in Chasn, SC, btw. Made good on their boo boo and, again, waived the warranty claim fee. What should have taken a week or two turned into nearly three mos on account of the glacially paced movement of parts in the system. Thanks to all for the concern and moral support. MC&HNY one and all and to all a good night.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts