Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hubby just installed the highway bars. The Indian bars were expensive ($278 after discount and additional charge for powder coating), but they bolt right up and fit perfectly.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
I like the look. And the leopard spot shop towel.

Reactions: ValsScoutBobber

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice looking in the black. Would be a great place to mount my EZ Pass as well. Just so darn expensive
Yes they are and my dealer couldn’t believe Indian didn’t make them in black. They had to be sent out, but the powder coater did a great job. Regarding the expense it’s a one time buy and they fit perfectly.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Thank you. I love them. I’m just waiting on the pegs!!
I was wondering if the bars are the same as most 1.1/4 inch? I bought cheap Chinese highway pegs for My Road Master as I did not want to pay 4 times more for th Indian ones.They work just as good and are comfy ,the only issue was they did not come with any instructions as they were a no name brand, but looked so much like the Kuryakyn ones. Love to see yours once you have them on . Ride safe and enjoy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was wondering if the bars are the same as most 1.1/4 inch? I bought cheap Chinese highway pegs for My Road Master as I did not want to pay 4 times more for th Indian ones.They work just as good and are comfy ,the only issue was they did not come with any instructions as they were a no name brand, but looked so much like the Kuryakyn ones. Love to see yours once you have them on . Ride safe and enjoy.
Yes they seem to be. We did the same. We bought pegs on eBay. They’ll be here Tuesday. Hubby paid $200.00 for his Harley highway pegs and found the SAME EXACT thing on eBay for $65.00. You can’t tell the difference in quality.
I will be happy to post a pic once they arrive.

·
Bronze member
1,756 Posts
Do you really think so? I have a Road Master and they are tanks and wider than the Scouts ,I do a lot of lane splitting .
Your lane splitting might be different than here??
Assuming here is the US
I see riders take crazy close chances all the time when I go through California

·
Bronze member
1,756 Posts
We are only allowed to lane split under 35 kmh and not on the left of a car. truck etc.
Interesting
I drive truck and I see even baggers splitting lanes in California going at least twice the speed of surrounding traffic and on all sides

Not sure what’s legal out there. But they’ll blow right on by like they are the only ones on the road
I get it that they probably save hours a day but most take huge risks. Especially in a texting society

1 - 20 of 21 Posts