Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered a Nelson-Rigg Deluxe Motorcycle Cover cover for my Indian Scout 60. I live in the country and store my bike in an older garage/barn that is not completely air tight. I had an old cover that was cloth and it allowed the most fine dust to come through. It was super fine dust like powder....it got in every crack. I watched a review on youtube on the channel "Fortnine" under Best Motorcycle Covers and decided to take a shot. It is so awesome.....I am super pleased. So far not a speck of dust at all has gotten through. I have a 2017 Indian Scout with Viking bags, Indian floorboards and a Madstad windshield. I ordered an XL and it fits perfect.....it hugs the big covers it almost to the floor. Has a heat resistant bottom section and is an all weather cover. It comes in different colors. It was $44.36 with tax and shipping. I'm posting a few pictures so you can check it out.

Attachments

Reactions: WENDIGO

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ordered a Nelson-Rigg Deluxe Motorcycle Cover cover for my Indian Scout 60. I live in the country and store my bike in an older garage/barn that is not completely air tight. I had an old cover that was cloth and it allowed the most fine dust to come through. It was super fine dust like powder....it got in every crack. I watched a review on youtube on the channel "Fortnine" under Best Motorcycle Covers and decided to take a shot. It is so awesome.....I am super pleased. So far not a speck of dust at all has gotten through. I have a 2017 Indian Scout with Viking bags, Indian floorboards and a Madstad windshield. I ordered an XL and it fits perfect.....it hugs the big covers it almost to the floor. Has a heat resistant bottom section and is an all weather cover. It comes in different colors. It was $44.36 with tax and shipping. I'm posting a few pictures so you can check it out.

That's awesome! Just the same cover I was looking for. Glad you're happy. Needed one for my scout bobber 60 I'm picking up tomorrow.

View attachment 576000

View attachment 575994 View attachment 575995

View attachment 576002

View attachment 575997

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have a 2017 Indian Scout with Viking bags
I have a scout 60, those same bags, bought used and have not mounted.
How do you have yours mounted. The guy I bought from said I might need spacers but you look like you are no used the viking mounts at all??

Mine look like this
image.jpg

·
Bronze member
2,003 Posts
How do you have yours mounted. The guy I bought from said I might need spacers but you look like you are no used the viking mounts at all??

Mine look like this View attachment 591391

Looks like the Indian saddlebag spools attached to the fender, and as stated in the message above it’s the Viking quick disconnect mounts.

if Gravelman doesn’t reply you could ask Viking Saddlebags about it, but it might be same for HD sportster.

·
Bronze member
2,003 Posts
my old Yamaha has been outside under a similar cover 3 1/2 years, it won’t last much longer.
It has kept the UV rays off but not the mold and mildew.
I don’t remember if it was supposed to be waterproof or water resistant but it wasn’t likely to keep moisture and humidity out anyhow.

all in all much better than leaving it exposed to the elements.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Mine look like this View attachment 591391
Hi Johnnyfingers, the mounts in your pictures are the standard mounts that Viking provides. They are ok but I wanted quick release mounting hardware. You would have to order them separately along with the mounting hardware. You can order them from Viking but check the internet I was able to get them from an after market company much cheaper. The issue will be that the provided mounts are already mounted on the bags. The quick release mounts I believe have a different hole pattern. Here is a tip....if you use the existing mounts that are attached when you are mounting the bags make sure that they don't slam in to your belt guard when your rear shock collapse. Some have had an issue and ruined there guard. If they don't clear the belt guard some people use spacers they purchase at a hardware store. If you use spacers you will need longer mounting bolts. The mounts that I have also have the docking for a removable backrest, that is the round unpainted parts you see in the picture. Also be aware that once they are mounted that if they are loaded with heavy items that the bag does not move over your belt guard under the weight. Many people have ruined the belt guard by not paying attention. You also can move the mounts if needed, just re-drill. You can plug the holes with rubber plugs and trim them. I have mounted 3 pairs of Viking bags on Harley's and Indians. Let me know if you need more help. If you run in to a problem sometime an extra set of eyes help. If you get them on send pictures I would love to see them mounted and check out your Scout. I will say the Viking bags are truly an excellent bag they are well made and very sturdy. Hope this helps.

·
Rider
620 Posts
I use a Nelson on my bike as well, out in a parking lot in my apartment and it does well. However I'm ditching it hopefully this summer for a CycleShell. Basically a mini garage.

·
Registered
190 Posts
the mounts in your pictures are the standard mounts that Viking provides. They are ok but I wanted quick release mounting hardware. You would have to order them separately along with the mounting hardware.
Thanks this is helpful. I like the idea of a removable back rest that might have additional rack space so will ask about that too....I have found these that seem to be the answer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts