Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called Avon today, and they are telling me they should have Grips for the Chieftain 2018 and 2019 in about 2 weeks.

I'm interested in the heated grips, bug I'm wondering how does the switch looks like on the bike. They told me it's the same switch. The lady over the phone pointed me on the web site to a picture, and it looks like it's meant to be mounted beside something. I can't visualize how it would look like.

Does anyone have pictures of the handlebar with Avon grips and the switch? Does it look Ok?

·
Silver member
4,419 Posts
Why can it just be wired into the factory switch on the dash. I would want it to work like the stock grips if it were me. I understand you would have to order the switch from Indian or a supplier...

·
Bronze member
2,860 Posts
I called Avon today, and they are telling me they should have Grips for the Chieftain 2018 and 2019 in about 2 weeks.

I'm interested in the heated grips, bug I'm wondering how does the switch looks like on the bike. They told me it's the same switch. The lady over the phone pointed me on the web site to a picture, and it looks like it's meant to be mounted beside something. I can't visualize how it would look like.

Does anyone have pictures of the handlebar with Avon grips and the switch? Does it look Ok?

You have to already have the factory Indian switch on the bike, which means you already have factory heated grips. The aftermarket heated grips simply replace the factory heated grips, they don't supply the switch interface. So you are going to have to order the switch assembly from Indian.

·
Silver member
4,419 Posts
Exactly, just order the switch and your good to go. The wiring harness is already under your dash assuming the Avons can connect... Indian did a great job with the prewired harness' already in the bikes...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone have the Avon heated grips installed?

I would really like to see the look of the switch on the handlebar.

·
Bronze member
2,860 Posts
Does anyone have the Avon heated grips installed?

I would really like to see the look of the switch on the handlebar.
The 2018 ad 2019 Indians already have wiring for the factory heated grips. The switch for these is located on the fuel tank next to the saddle bag Lock unlock switch. If the bike didn't come with heated grips, the switch is a dummy that doesn't move. You have to buy the switch from Indian. There is no switch for heated grips that go on the handlebars.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 2018 ad 2019 Indians already have wiring for the factory heated grips. The switch for these is located on the fuel tank next to the saddle bag Lock unlock switch. If the bike didn't come with heated grips, the switch is a dummy that doesn't move. You have to buy the switch from Indian. There is no switch for heated grips that go on the handlebars.
Avon heated grips do come with their own switch that goes on the handlebar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts