Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody purchased the Aviator seat? I do some two up riding and was wondering if the seat was dramatically different than the stock seat?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Diamond member
9,068 Posts
I don't have riding experience, but I inspected one at my dealer,, my observations? It's the same seat but with brown vinyl and faux stitching stylistics..

·
Read Only
636 Posts
I don't have riding experience, but I inspected one at my dealer,, my observations? It's the same seat but with brown vinyl and faux stitching stylistics..
I agree. I saw one at my dealer, also. But brown? [wtf] Ugh!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Why call it an Aviator Seat? WTF does it have to do with aviation?

And I'm pretty sure that the fellow in Florida does not like the color brown on an M/C.

·
Bronze member
1,780 Posts
Google image aviator themed things from the 40s and you will see why they chose that color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
573 Posts
Cannot speak to the Aviator seat as no experience with it. Have had excellent results comfort wise with 1. Russell Day Long seats, 2. Ultimate seats and 3. Corbin seats. There are pros and cons to all of them....

Comfort counts big time on a motorcycle if you ride any distances at all. Everyone is built differently and when it comes to seats there are a lot of good options.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bought one specifically for the extra room it gives the girlfriend. It sits on top of the tail light instead of in front of it giving her more room to the rear. It also does not have the recesses for the grab handles that the stock seat has.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bought one specifically for the extra room it gives the girlfriend. It sits on top of the tail light instead of in front of it giving her more room to the rear. It also does not have the recesses for the grab handles that the stock seat has.
So you can’t use the grab handles as a passenger ?
Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You can use them, but you have to go from under if that makes sense.
Yes looking through I think this seat was designed with the thought you would buy the luggage rack as well. It’s an interesting design that has a slight rise near the seat to create a stopping point and gives you grab handles as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts