Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can one ever have enough lighting :) Sitting in my "parts to be installed" box are a LED headlight similar to the thread started by SDbobbyt and some 3500 lumen aux LED's. I pieced them together a bit ago, getting things ready for install once I bring the bike home. I'm mounting the lights at the top of the fork tubes using OEM turn signal mounts. I will run a separate harness to the battery and have a on/off rocker switch next to the left hand handlebar controls. I had these exact lights on my KLR650 and they turn night into day. Here's a preinstall picture..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Can one ever have enough lighting :) Sitting in my "parts to be installed" box are a LED headlight similar to the thread started by SDbobbyt and some 3500 lumen aux LED's. I pieced them together a bit ago, getting things ready for install once I bring the bike home. I'm mounting the lights at the top of the fork tubes using OEM turn signal mounts. I will run a separate harness to the battery and have a on/off rocker switch next to the left hand handlebar controls. I had these exact lights on my KLR650 and they turn night into day. Here's a preinstall picture..
Can you tell me what the down tube, or clamp size is.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I am so curious to see how it looks. Keep us informed. BTW what light element are you using?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reactions: minto murray

·
Registered
430 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are 55mm diameter which = 2.16 inches.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I have a pair of Clearwater Darla's waiting to be installed on the forks where the fender attaches
I also have the identical lights transferring over from a Shadow Aero. As of now I intend to place them with black fork clamps above the fender attachments.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have a pair of Clearwater darla's waiting to be installed on the forks where the fender attaches
Oh yeah, get those on. Snap some photos when you can.

Reactions: Roll On
1 - 20 of 57 Posts