Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody installed an Auxiliary fuel tank with Hannigan Sidecar where did you put it and how does it operate?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Not Hannigan, but just I carry a 1.25gal gas can in the trunk of my DMC.

·
Rider
879 Posts
I can only get 150 miles out of an tank
Perfect... I am thirsty and need a stretch after a buck and a half...

I’ve been doing this but the folks I ride with don’t like stopping
Me and whoever i might ride with have No Place to go, and All Day to get there.... Nothing to Prove..

We often slow down to 40MPH to Smell the Crops in the Field!!!

·
Bronze member
1,218 Posts
2018 crossing USA thru Canada and back to Calif, I started each day at 2 and 1 gallons and a 1 liter fuel containers. premium etc in the sidecar. Much of my riding time was calculating fuel and stops with my garmin. Id use 2 gallons early, Left the 1 as a reserve and the liter as a forlorn hope,

·
Registered
2016 Indian Scout
63 Posts
I myself am a little concerned about this. Just bought a 2016 Scout and can only make it around 110 miles before the fuel light comes on. I’m planning on adding a Hannigan hack in the spring. Even my Ural Retro could go ~ 170 miles, bit it also had a 5 gal fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
1,218 Posts
I myself am a little concerned about this. Just bought a 2016 Scout and can only make it around 110 miles before the fuel light comes on. I’m planning on adding a Hannigan hack in the spring.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup you will lose fuel range to weight /drag /wind which type of hannigan you adding ? , if its the hannigan heritage its a heavy beast.it halved my chief fuel range. Still its worth it. 100 miles is good tme to stop coffee up and check route and road conditions ahead.

·
Registered
2016 Indian Scout
63 Posts
Arrow Elite. It is a slightly smaller sidecar they built specifically for mid-size bikes like the Scout. I'm with you on the regular stops.

·
Bronze member
1,218 Posts
Yup you will lose fuel range to weight /drag /wind which type of hannigan you adding ? , if its the hannigan heritage its a heavy beast.it halved my chief fuel range. Still its worth it. 100 miles is good tme to stop coffee up and check route and road conditions ahead.
i had 4 urals 2005, 2012, 2012, 2014. Hubert the legend was a smart guy,
he had a larger gas tank made.

·
Registered
2016 Indian Scout
63 Posts
While riding I have pondered what it would take to make a decent looking tank for the Scout that would add 2 gallons to it. That would match the Ural and should have comparable range.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts