Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at mounting my cell phone and providing constant power. From reading the forums everyone seems to have an extra delphi 2 pin connection. Unfortunately my 2019 RM does not have one.
NOTE: I am using the garage door opener!
Does anyone know what this connection goes to. Maybe I can find a Y connection and split the power.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,944 Posts
If you look in the back of the fairing glove box, you'll see a flapped hole. Run a usb power cord through that hole, and down along the handle bar to where you want to mount your phone, using small zip ties to keep it in place. Get a usb splitter, ($10 on amazon) and put it on the bike's usb cord. You can then run a usb with music in one port, and your cell phone power cord on the other. Cheap, easy solution. It's been working perfectly for me the last 3 months.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I was looking at mounting my cell phone and providing constant power. From reading the forums everyone seems to have an extra delphi 2 pin connection. Unfortunately my 2019 RM does not have one.
Does anyone know what this connection goes to. Maybe I can find a Y connection and split the power.

I think that is for the front wheel speed sensor

·
Registered
8,004 Posts

Says right on it, Front Wheel.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I ran a cigar lighter type outlet to my battery tender connection, plugs right into the connector, then plug the USB adapter into the outlet just like you would in your car, and run the phone cord to the USB adapter. You can zip tie the cigar lighter end to any harness where you can get at it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Mack - Thanks for the photos, worked out great...

NOTE: The RokForm mount comes with 3 different plastic covers for the bars (mount goes over the top), unfortunately all three are too small. Took a quick trip to the Home Depot and found a small (thinner) plastic sheet and cut to fit.

Thanks again!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,944 Posts
Awesome! That's what's great about this forum. Come by with an issue, and usually somebody can chime in with a fix!

·
Registered
233 Posts
If you look in the back of the fairing glove box, you'll see a flapped hole. Run a usb power cord through that hole, and down along the handle bar to where you want to mount your phone, using small zip ties to keep it in place. Get a usb splitter, ($10 on amazon) and put it on the bike's usb cord. You can then run a usb with music in one port, and your cell phone power cord on the other. Cheap, easy solution. It's been working perfectly for me the last 3 months.
This is an old post, but I have question about the usb splitter (I have a 2019 as well). Are there any specifics about the usb splitter you used? I just want to make sure the ride command will be able to read my thumb drive. I'm sure the power part will be fine. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts