Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks for this article raysred1
The reviews continue to be positive.
It keeps us Kiwi's inspired as we patiently wait for our Scouts to arrive.
First run Vin # - Haven't got a clue.
Delivery date. Still not finally confirmed. Maybe March or when hell freezes over!!
Colour- Thunder Black

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for this article raysred1
The reviews continue to be positive.
It keeps us Kiwi's inspired as we patiently wait for our Scouts to arrive.
First run Vin # - Haven't got a clue.
Delivery date. Still not finally confirmed. Maybe March or when hell freezes over!!
Colour- Thunder Black
Thunder Black. Ooh too bad. I think we are finding the Indian Red ones to be the fastest.:rolleyes:
No word yet so I guess I'm up to February.
Not only are the reviews positive but the positive attitude from all over. It is good to see the ideas and comments from so far away.
I am sure you will enjoy yours. I'm waiting for Spring and if yours doesn't get there soon your summer will be gone.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Nice short review, thanks for posting. Clunky gearbox, that's the first review I have read on the Scout that reports that.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Nice short review, thanks for posting. Clunky gearbox, that's the first review I have read on the Scout that reports that.
Hmmmm....I am finding that at slower speeds it sticks in neutral instead of clicking past into 2nd.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thunder Black. Ooh too bad. I think we are finding the Indian Red ones to be the fastest.:rolleyes:
No word yet so I guess I'm up to February.
Not only are the reviews positive but the positive attitude from all over. It is good to see the ideas and comments from so far away.
I am sure you will enjoy yours. I'm waiting for Spring and if yours doesn't get there soon your summer will be gone.
Raysred1
THUNDER Black and all that chrome.It will look stunning!!
Add on all the trimmings: Mid Screen, Highway bars, Pillion Seat, Backrest ,Bags and Stage 1 exhaust and I will be out there riding with other members of the Ulysses Motorcycle Club (Motto :Growing Old Disgracefully!!)
Of course New Zealand's ALL Blacks are the world's best rugby team.
There will still be some summer left after my Scouty arrives.

·
Bronze member
1,498 Posts
Gunner,

My step-daughter was in New Zealand last fall (your spring?). She brought back some photos. Absolutely stunning! I'd love to visit. Riding a thunder black Scout with those views would be breathtaking. By the way, I ordered thunder black as well. Definitely the best color (but the smoke black is sweet too). :)

·
Bronze member
1,498 Posts
Clunky gearbox, that's the first review I have read on the Scout that reports that.
Yea... that caught me off guard too. Hope it's just a case of "We need to find something to criticize."

·
Registered
117 Posts
Gunner,

My step-daughter was in New Zealand last fall (your spring?). She brought back some photos. Absolutely stunning! I'd love to visit. Riding a thunder black Scout with those views would be breathtaking. By the way, I ordered thunder black as well. Definitely the best color (but the smoke black is sweet too). :)
Hi Floyd
I am glad your stepdaughter had a great time in NZ.
My decision to order the Thunder Black was done after consultation with "THE BOSS".
No regrets. Just looking forward to it arriving.
You are welcome in NZ anytime. Just make sure that you can consume a lot of our great Craft beers.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I rode a scout at a demo in Daytona but they were well warmed up. It seemed fine and went like crazy in second.... I have to say that my chieftain has some clunkiness to the trans when cold going to second. I have actually locked it up a few times under throttle trying to get it into second. It was about the only time I wished for the rear shifter to save the stress on my toe. The dealer says it is the straight cut gears from fist to second but I find if you shift it before you get the RPM's over 2400 it works fine. The tech also said that with some wear he would try to find the sweet spot on the adjustment of the clutch to help. It seems like a small issue to work around. Because of the torque it may just be one of those things. I would love to hear how it is going at 30 or 40000 miles if someone is out there with higher mileage.

My Harley's always shifted like a Mack truck but I thought it was what they were looking for....maybe indian didn't need to copy this one little thing. My old goldwing hardly needed a clutch once it got in gear...

First year bikes are seldom perfect so let's remember that when reading reviews...indian is getting a lot of good publicity so let's hope the mechanical parts are rock solid as we put the miles on.....

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Yeah ... Kinda like reading a Corvette Z06 review in Cycle World. No doubt some writers are qualified (Peter Egan) but just the same...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts