Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want some of my custom lighting and charger turn on automatically when the engine is running and turn off when it is not running to save the battery.
I am thinking to use some custom relay and cut into headlight (or some other light) to use as signal to distinguish that the engine is running.
Maybe, there is some advices for the easiest way to do that. Would be perfect if there is some solution where I can make no damage to existing wiring.
Any advices appreciated.
I have Chieftain 2016

·
Bronze Member
1,717 Posts
Another option is to use a power distribution block that allows you to run multiple accessories off of switched power.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another option is to use a power distribution block that allows you to run multiple accessories off of switched power.

Thanks for the link. This box looks nice. Maybe I will buy it to avoid creating the same by myself. But I still need to find the place to plug it in.

·
German Rider
1,792 Posts
Normally, there is a free ignition switched plug behind the right fork tube. It is hidden in black duct tape.

Cu,
Sven

Reactions: Eugen
1 - 7 of 7 Posts