Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst it's great reading about all these new bikes being delivered, us Aussies were dealt a cruel blow this morning when we received phone calls from our Dealers to advise that our bikes have now ben delayed until March 2015!

We were all given, or will be given, the option of cancelling our order or 'suck it up' and wait!

I've opted to 'suck it up'; although extremely displeased with whoever made this decision. I wasn't told whether it was a local decision or from the Mothership itself, either way: "Not happy Jan"! I ordered my Scout on August 4th so this will mean a 7 month wait - not a great way to engender Customer loyalty.

:(:( :mad::mad: :(:(

·
Registered
332 Posts
Sorry Jimbo :( Hopefully things improve and the date gets moved up.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Whilst it's great reading about all these new bikes being delivered, us Aussies were dealt a cruel blow this morning when we received phone calls from our Dealers to advise that our bikes have now ben delayed until March 2015!

We were all given, or will be given, the option of cancelling our order or 'suck it up' and wait!

I've opted to 'suck it up'; although extremely displeased with whoever made this decision. I wasn't told whether it was a local decision or from the Mothership itself, either way: "Not happy Jan"! I ordered my Scout on August 4th so this will mean a 7 month wait - not a great way to engender Customer loyalty.

That really bites the big one. So sorry Jimbo

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts

That really bites the big one. So sorry Jimbo

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Sorry Dude, think of it as your bride didn't say no, but made the engagement longer. The love is still there & you will enjoy it even more when the day comes

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Whilst cold here it whilst be hot down under. Did I say that right?
Ever heard " it's on a slow boat from China "

·
Registered
738 Posts
Jimbo, sorry to hear about your disappointment - can't blame you at all though. However, I think you'll be VERY happy that you decided to wait for it. Hang in there!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks for the update Jimbo. As seemingly expected, Indian Australia has only told some Aussie customers this info, as I was none the wiser until now.Indian really do have poor customer relations procedures in this part of the world.

When I paid my deposit they said they'd email a receipt. Never came. I rang and requested a receipt. Never came. I rang about demo rides. Never rang back. Now they're telling some customers of the delivery delay.....but not others. Poor form.

Where's the closest HD dealer again?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

Bad luck mate the red ones look the goods

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm not sure if this applies, but there is at least one difference between the US-only models, and the international models. ABS. The US models don't have ABS, while the international models do. I'm not sure if this is the cause of the delays, but it is a difference. Also, I was told to expect my Scout in December and now I've been told January. Some Scouts are being delivered, yes, but they're not exactly flooding out the gates. Thankfully, my dealer is squared away and keeps me updated.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Whilst cold here it whilst be hot down under. Did I say that right?
Ever heard " it's on a slow boat from China "
They are not even on the bloody boat!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You're right about THAT, Ken! :mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
701 Posts

Well Jimbo, good news and bad news with this. A long wait for a completely new bike from a new manufacturer (and let's face it, Indian is in this category) is not unheard of. Look how long it has taken Norton to get bikes to Aus. My deposit for the Chief was done in April 2013 and the bike was delivered early Dec 2013. Yes, I did know it was going to be a long wait, but I never even considered cancelling, especially after seeing it at the Sydney reveal. Also, it is important to not count the chickens before they hatch, ie, bikes on the boat bound for Aus is the time to start getting excited/impatient. I think it does not matter who made the decision. You were informed and given options. Consider this. If there is a problem with the bike (rumoured to be the ABS), would you rather have it fixed at the factory before it leaves, OR have them ship it, get a recall notice and have inexperienced people attempt the repair? I know which I prefer. At least you now have a delivery date, as vague at it is!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Consider this. If there is a problem with the bike (rumoured to be the ABS), would you rather have it fixed at the factory before it leaves, OR have them ship it, get a recall notice and have inexperienced people attempt the repair? I know which I prefer. At least you now have a delivery date, as vague at it is!
If they'd said that on the phone it would have made it a bit more palatable. When I asked why - the answer was "I dunno"? And as I've stated before, I waited six months for my Thunderbird, but I knew at the beginning that there would be a six month wait. If only Indian would learn to communicate!

I don't intend to opt-out - you saw the look on my face at the Melbourne show when you took my photo!

At least maybe this way the accessories might come in at the same time as the bikes!! LOL ;););)

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Really think it stinks about the extended wait .. Only thing can add is after 600 Miles I do think it's a fine ride .. The wait will have to be your own personal call on doing so or not ..

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Jay,
There's no other call than having to wait! I WANT THAT BIKE ! They already have 3,000.00 of my hard-earned and I'm wanting to give them more - I guess that they'll just have to wait too!! LOL :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Please keep your reports coming so I can continue to dream!

Cheers

Reactions: JayFL459

·
Registered
701 Posts
If they'd said that on the phone it would have made it a bit more palatable. When I asked why - the answer was "I dunno"? And as I've stated before, I waited six months for my Thunderbird, but I knew at the beginning that there would be a six month wait. If only Indian would learn to communicate!

I don't intend to opt-out - you saw the look on my face at the Melbourne show when you took my photo!

At least maybe this way the accessories might come in at the same time as the bikes!! LOL ;););)
See, there is a positive outcome to this!! Don't hold your breath waiting for Indian to communicate. It seems to be part of the Polaris culture to not communicate directly with the end comsumer. I think they learned it from H-D.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Thanks for the update Jimbo. As seemingly expected, Indian Australia has only told some Aussie customers this info, as I was none the wiser until now.Indian really do have poor customer relations procedures in this part of the world.

When I paid my deposit they said they'd email a receipt. Never came. I rang and requested a receipt. Never came. I rang about demo rides. Never rang back. Now they're telling some customers of the delivery delay.....but not others. Poor form.

Where's the closest HD dealer again?
Get the receipt. Hassle them. Then hassle them some more. Get the receipt. Demo rides. No bikes=no demo rides=no call back. simple. Can't call all customers at the same time can they? They may have tried and you were unavailable. I have had H-D products, can't say their CS is any better.

·
Registered
37 Posts
There seem to be Australian delays with availabilty of accessories for Chieftans too, including passenger back rests, luggage racks and top boxes as well......

·
Registered
701 Posts
1 - 20 of 199 Posts