Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,
Have any of you purchased the audio lids? If so, did you note any significant change in the volume or audio quality? In other words are you happy with the investment?
Thanks for any feedback and happy holidays.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Hey Folks,
Have any of you purchased the audio lids? If so, did you note any significant change in the volume or audio quality? In other words are you happy with the investment?
I heard that there are paint de-lamination problems with the lids.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read that as well but couldn't remember where I read it. I would think that those types of production issues would get resolved relatively quick.

I am really curious about the audio characteristics, especially since the audio output on the stock Roadmaster is already very good.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I read that as well but couldn't remember where I read it. I would think that those types of production issues would get resolved relatively quick.

I am really curious about the audio characteristics, especially since the audio output on the stock Roadmaster is already very good.
I would like to get them as well, but I just can't quite justify the extra cost and besides, as soon as I get a bike the way I like it I trade it in on a new one. If I never finish this one my wife will be happy.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol, I'm in the same boat. I keep saying this is my last bike, but I was only fooling myself.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Hey Folks,
The one thing I did to improve the sound quality, I replaced the front speakers withe polk speakers big difference. I think the rear speakers are priced way to high and you lose room in your bags

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was just reading that the Polk speakers are a good replacement candidate for the RM front speakers, but the rear tour pack speakers come stock with a larger magnet so I may get by with replacing the front speakers and avoiding the saddle bag speakers.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I was just reading that the Polk speakers are a good replacement candidate for the RM front speakers, but the rear tour pack speakers come stock with a larger magnet so I may get by with replacing the front speakers and avoiding the saddle bag speakers.
I replaced all mine tonight with polks big improvement versus oem, sitting still haven't got it on the road. The rear speakers do have bigger magnets

·
Registered
411 Posts
I replaced all mine tonight with polks big improvement versus oem, sitting still haven't got it on the road. The rear speakers do have bigger magnets
Could you describe the difference? I'm no audiophile but the sound from the stock system is totally acceptable for me - Volume wise, I did a Parade with a marching band not far behind me that I could NOT hear over my own stereo sound track for miles....I'm wondering what you gain or lose?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Could you describe the difference? I'm no audiophile but the sound from the stock system is totally acceptable for me - Volume wise, I did a Parade with a marching band not far behind me that I could NOT hear over my own stereo sound track for miles....I'm wondering what you gain or lose?
highs and mids definitely clearer maybe more base. Pretty much take a Wal-Mart radio and compare it to a Bose

·
Registered
51 Posts
My Roadmaster came from the dealer with most all of the available mods already installed including the lid speakers. However, the lid speakers were not hooked up due the fact that the "kit" did not include the correct wiring harness to make them work. I also have the factory supplied amplifier that came with the kit, but it's not installed. I am not sure where it stands at the moment between the dealer and the factory to solve this issue. I will probably have to figure it out on my own.......I can probably do a better job anyway.

Tony

·
Registered
87 Posts
My Roadmaster came from the dealer with most all of the available mods already installed including the lid speakers. However, the lid speakers were not hooked up due the fact that the "kit" did not include the correct wiring harness to make them work. I also have the factory supplied amplifier that came with the kit, but it's not installed. I am not sure where it stands at the moment between the dealer and the factory to solve this issue. I will probably have to figure it out on my own.......I can probably do a better job anyway.

Tony
I was looking at the connectors last night enough searching and a guy can probably find them and build your own harness. The ill D series Mb quart amp would do wonders I think, maybe a winter project

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I want them but the price is pushing me away

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Lids or the wiring and speaker kit? They want almost $1000 for the complete package

·
Registered
87 Posts
That was everything pieced together, not sure about amp though description and pictures weren't the greatest when it came to that

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
The speaker kit has everything from what I seen and read. The lids are just that lids without speaker grills

1 - 20 of 21 Posts