Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha from the sunny state of North Dakota!! I'm having a problem with my navigation on my 20 Challenger and was wondering if somebody could help me out. 1st off, I have a Sena 20 Evo headset; which is paired correctly, that I use for listening to the radio and instructions from the navigation system, which works the way its supposed to. Radio fades out when instructions come over. But here is the kicker, I don't want to listen to the radio, I just want to hear the driving commands. If I mute the radio, the commands are also muted. I know when you select a destination on the navigation screen a speaker/volume control symbol comes up separately from the radio, which I thought would be the volume control for just the navigation and would be independent from the radio, but it's not. So does anybody know if it is possible to hear just the ride commands without the radio being on/not muted, or if it is possible to shut off the radio and not just turn the volume down or mute it. I have contacted Indian Help Center and they are looking into it, but no help so far. So thought I would ask this extremely intelligent group and hear your responses馃榿! Sorry if this is long winded, and I hope I explained this well enough, will include a couple of pics to help out. 1st one is navigation volume off, 2nd, volume on highest setting, which is still dependent on the radio volume being on. Thanks if you can help,

Premium Member
2019 Chieftain Base++++
2019 Chieftain here and I'll be waiting to see what the answer is, as I have the very same question!! The one thing I thought of doing (but have not tried yet) is to play music from another source other than the radio, USB stick or an app on the phone, then 'Pause' that music and see if the Nav still speaks the instructions. My last few rides I did not use the Nav and basically forgot to try this.

German Rider
You choose either Bluetooth or USB, but not playing it. This way you can still hear the Voice instruction.

It works on mine.
Exactly.

Cu,
Sven

Reactions: White Smoke

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
On my Challenger, I need to have the radio volume on/up to hear the voice instructions from navigation. I have my Sena on Bluetooth, if I can't play or use it, it defeats my purpose. I need to know how to bypass the radio and still have volume control if possible. Or, is your answer for Dvance800 and referring to using another source for the radio, if it is I apologize for this interruption. Just hoping on getting lucky with this.

Registered
By the way, the 2020 Ride Command is a different system then 2019 and earlier .
Sorry if that does not work on your 2020 Ride command, mine is 2019, my apologies if I provided inaccurate info to you.

Another thing you can try is just pair your Sena to phone only (not pair as media), so you can able to answer phone call via Sena and Voice instruction from Ride command, see you Sena owners manual, hope that work out for you.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for trying to help, as I said, the help center has no idea either!! And I do have my Sena paired to phone. Maybe if I pair it to GPS it will work, but thought I all ready tried that, but will try it again. Once more, thanks for trying.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Monkey28, I must apologize and thank you. When I finally pulled my head out of that tight, dark, warm place that I sometimes place it in, I figured out what you were trying to telling me. What you told me is correct. I did what you said to do and I can hear the navigation commands and NO radio!! So I am sorry I was a tish slow on the pick up on this, and thank you very much for your help!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts