Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have one of these? They look awesome, from the description and pictures they are a way better design than the RSD Covers out there for Harley's. Getting my cams done soon and think I might go with one!

I am not a fan of aftermarket parts, but I love the idea of seeing the inner working of the engine. All machined from billet 6061 aluminum, it says they coat the windows with the same stuff helicopters use on their windows so it doesn't scratch or yellow - I'm assuming since they are in CT they use the same supplier as Sikorsky?? - and the windows are isolated from vibration. It looks like some dealers are standing by them too.

Looking to see who has experience with it, and get some feedback. I am so happy to see the aftermarket have some real engineering behind it, its about time!

Todd

·
Bronze member
3,937 Posts
Question I would have is what’s keeping the inside of the window clean from oil spatter and crankcase condensation. They look cool, but I don’t see how they would retain good visibility in the long run.

price is not too bad. Actually cheaper than the voodoo air cleaners.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a good question, I'd imagine once the oil is up to temp it runs off the window. So long as your riding you should be okay.

I bought a voodoo, the machining on it looked... rushed - a lot of chatter and machining marks, and there was no seal between the back plate and the throttle body. You'd think for $650 it would at least come with an o-ring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts