Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rider
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with an Astech Seats modified seat?

I have no collagen around the coccyx region as the result of trauma from a plane crash back in 2000. The sacral curve pain can get intense. I receive corticosteroid injections every so many years, but as the pain returns, and prior to needing another, sitting discomfort becomes an issue. I only get the injections when the pain doesn’t allow me to sit anymore. Spending a few tankfuls of gas in the seat in one day reduces the pleasure of riding, so I’d like to experiment.

I’m hoping that a seat mod in the core could help reduce the discomfort, so I can plan longer rides. I’d also like to slightly narrow the seat for inseam reach.

Thank you in advance for any insight.

Eric

·
Bronze member
1,409 Posts
I had my original Roadmaster seat done. They do very good work and the seat was vastly improved as far as comfort. But the stock seat can only be modified so far and I needed more extended reach than was possible. So I sold it to a forum member and ended up going with the Corbin which sits me back another 2-1/2".

For your needs I think Astech would be a good option. Call them and tell them exactly where you have the issue and they can custom design the location of the foams and gels they use to match your needs.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
I had Astech do my seat as well. I happen to travel to Indiana for work and have the weekends off so I brought my seat with me one trip. They were able to do the modification while I went out and explored that area of IN. Unfortunately, it wasn't quite summer yet and the Jim Davis and James Dean museums were closed. Got to see James Dean's gravesite and visit the old Indian Shop he used to hang out at.

Anyway, for the money, it was a huge improvement. They use the "Purple cushion" material and I can ride much farther than what I used to. Before, I needed to stop about every hour or so. After my seat mod, I can ride for the full tank or just a bit over 2 hours. I've ridden 7+ hours quite a few times with no issue and once, rode over 18 hours without any significant break other than 30 minutes for lunch.

I am still curious about a Russell Day Long seat and may move to that at some point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts