Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally completed the install of the relatively newly released Arnott/Fox Adjustable Air Ride.

Installation was pretty straightforward. I was amazed that Indian had predrilled the two mounting holes required for the compressor mounting. I had all the tools necessary, and the instructions were pretty clear.

I encountered some difficulty with the final wiring between the deluxe switch I purchased, but with the help of several forum members and particularly @RoadmasterD who was essential to the final wiring.

I was able to take it out for about 30 minutes before putting her away to watch game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals.

1st off it sets much lower when the system is empty of air. Really helped to be able to mount easily. Air adjustment both up and down is VERY quick. I will be able to lower on the fly approaching a stop light, then quickly inflate as I take off.

The ride was incredibly smooth. Like riding on a pillow of air, even on some pretty rough road surfaces.

This same system will fit any 111, instantly transforming your ride to the smoothest ride I have ever experienced.

I will be selling tge original Fox Mono Air Shock within thw next couple of weeks if anyone wants a reasonably priced upgrade over their existing non air shock. I will include the hand pump and the extension I purchased but never used to relocate the fill valve.

Screenshot_20190527-213818_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190527-213954_Chrome.jpg
20190527_173933.jpg
20190527_174001.jpg

·
Rider
436 Posts
Thank you for this review! I've been want to get one for myself for sometime and keep going back and fourth with options. One of the reasons I haven't done it quite yet is because of those 2 predrilled holes you're talking about. They are there because on California bikes, that's where the Evap canister is mounted for our carb emissions so I'd have to rip all that stuff out in order to mount the compressor which i just might do. If they start doing smog test on motorcycles like it's been rumored for the last few years, I'd be kind of screwed

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well Indian wasn't as forward thinking as I presumed. Lol. There's enough roon in that area for you to fashion a bracket above your emission canister I think.
It really made a difference. Even in the seat. Its like gliding on air.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Will definitely be watching for further ride reviews. My wife just purchased a Chieftain and will need this for parking lot maneuvering. Sounds like a winner if you have the funds.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The best part. No more hand pumping air or wondering how to reroute the fill tube. Adjusting for a pillion erc.....

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@17NDNSTL.... So, how much do you think it lowers over stock at its lowest aired down position?
I could measure tomorrow maybe. It was significant vs the OEM Shock fully deflated. So much that when I was frustrated with the wiring, I couldn't have riden it like that. 1 it would have been worse than a hardtail ride wise. 2 I would have scrapped the pipes bad leaving my brothers driveway.

This is the best $1200 I have spent on my RM PERIOD!!

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If ANYONE wants any information about this install or kit, feel free to ask me. I'm more than willing to help.

·
Registered
138 Posts
For those not up for the installation try to make it to Laconia this week. Getting mine installed now for $1299. I’ll post a review later today after a ride through the White Mountains

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For those not up for the installation try to make it to Laconia this week. Getting mine installed now for $1299. I’ll post a review later today after a ride through the White Mountains

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Way too much. I was every bit the journeyman on this project and knowing what I know now I ciuld easily install one in 10 hours and Im a shade tree Mechanic at best.

·
Premium Member
2018 Indian Chief, "Adeline"
171 Posts
@17NDNSTL It's been a few years (or at least this last year has felt like a few)... how're you liking the Arnott shock, if you still have the same bike?

Reactions: MrStrike
1 - 13 of 13 Posts