Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any one tried and have any feedback on the arnott air ride setup. there dosnt seem to be really any one who has that i can find.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
I have Arnott on the rear of my Roadmaster. They don't lose any air unlike my factor setup. Like them a lot.

·
Premium Member
2018 Indian Chief, "Adeline"
182 Posts
Tell me how you like or don’t like it. Interested in getting one for myself. Don’t know if I want arnott or Vic baggers. Also why did you go full and not just rear.
I'm also interested in this: Vic over Arnott, and full conversion vs just rear. As I've started looking around, I've noticed that Arnott and Vic aren't the only ones out there doing air ride for Indians, any more. Any info to make an educated purchase is great.

There are a few I've seen where the cylinder doesn't retain the air...that the pump just runs continuously, which rubs me wrong. I can't think of the name, off hand, but if I come across it, I'll post a link.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm also interested in this: Vic over Arnott, and full conversion vs just rear. As I've started looking around, I've noticed that Arnott and Vic aren't the only ones out there doing air ride for Indians, any more. Any info to make an educated purchase is great.

There are a few I've seen where the cylinder doesn't retain the air...that the pump just runs continuously, which rubs me wrong. I can't think of the name, off hand, but if I come across it, I'll post a link.
Well I think I might be leaning towards the arnott system. They’ve been around the longest and Indian Charlotte highly recommend them.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Wife has one on her Chieftain. If you like to corner like we do, you need full ride height. She only lowers it when she needs to back it up, she’s 5’2”. It rides terrific, better than stock shock. We did have the compressor fail last year, Arnott replaced it for free no problems. Highly recommend if you need to lower your bike to push it or be more confident in parking lots.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Wife has one on her Chieftain. If you like to corner like we do, you need full ride height. She only lowers it when she needs to back it up, she’s 5’2”. It rides terrific, better than stock shock. We did have the compressor fail last year, Arnott replaced it for free no problems. Highly recommend if you need to lower your bike to push it or be more confident in parking lots.
Can you post pics of it completely lowered and when it’s inflated to ride?

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
So there’s no height difference? Mine is in hibernation as well.
From what I've read, the ride height is definitely lowered when fully deflated, and is still safe--the tire won't rub the fender. I've also read there are lowering brackets for the Arnott, but they're not recommended since you risk rubbing the tire, then.

in another thread, someone mentioned the fixed rebound rate on the Arnott...that it's fixed to whatever Arnott feels is appropriate to the bike. Has anyone experienced bounce, or is their target rate pretty good regardless of solo or 2up?

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
:-D Stock suspension (stiffened up a bit), and I'll still drag the fishtails through a traffic circle, lol

·
Registered
498 Posts
The travel is the same, so riding with no air is like having the original shock bottomed out. You have no suspension at that point but it won’t hit the fender. Wife had to ride like that when the compressor failed. The stock shock rebound is fixed, I feel the Arnott is better two up and solo. Our two up time is very limited on it, but it sure is easy to add some more air to get it where you want!

·
Founding Member
718 Posts
It has the same travel as the factory shock. Sorry, at this time the bike is in hibernation. Here is a good video I found that shows it. Arnott video
Did you the sparks fly when the wrench hit the frame(installing the air compressor under the bike). Oops, forgot to disconnect the battery before installation.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The travel is the same, so riding with no air is like having the original shock bottomed out. You have no suspension at that point but it won’t hit the fender. Wife had to ride like that when the compressor failed. The stock shock rebound is fixed, I feel the Arnott is better two up and solo. Our two up time is very limited on it, but it sure is easy to add some more air to get it where you want!
Do you have the regular controller or the one with the digital gauge.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bought the digital so I know what settings to put it at for 2 up or single. I called ARNOTT to se if they would just put the digital controller in the kit and I would pay the difference but they won't do it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Now you mentioned the compressor failed, who replaced it, did you go there personally, where you had it installed, or was it easy plug-n-play.

·
Registered
498 Posts
We had it installed by our local dealer, I was out of town for work, so she took it to them and they did it. It mounts in that "hole" under the frame just in front of the rear wheel. On California bikes, this is where the charcoal canister is mounted.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts