Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Arnott® Motorcycle Air Suspension -- the leader in True Onboard Adjustable Air Suspension kits for motorcycles -- announces the launch of two new, completely redesigned lines of Motorcycle Air Suspension kits for many popular Harley-Davidson®, Honda®, Kawasaki®, Suzuki®, Victory®, Yamaha® and now Indian® motorcycles.

Arnott's new Ultimate Ride Series premium Motorcycle Air Suspension kits (soon to be available for the Indian Cruiser, Bagger & Touring) include custom-tuned FOX® dampers. The kits are designed to provide a ride far superior to any motorcycle suspension kit available in the marketplace today. Arnott's value kit, the Smooth Ride Series, is available for some older rear dual shock applications.

The Arnott Motorcycle Air Suspension product line, long considered the gold standard in motorcycle air suspension, has evolved into two revolutionary categories designed to give motorcycle enthusiasts a welcome choice when it comes to their passion.

Both categories boast Arnott's TruAIR technology -- true adjustable air suspension, not just simple air cylinders, 'air-assisted' devices, or worse: shabby contraptions contrived from automotive part castoffs and sold as cheap cycle shock knockoffs.

Arnott's two new Motorcycle Air Suspension kit categories include:

-- The Ultimate Ride Series available for the 2014-Present Indian Cruiser, Bagger and Touring (MC-2920 & MC-2929) offers on-the-fly height adjustability along with top shelf premium performance, comfort, and quality for the serious, rider ... starting at just $1,099 retail.

-- The Smooth Ride Series available for some older and less expensive bikes offers a step up from stock shocks for younger motorcyclists and offers height and air spring adjustability at only $599 retail.

Ultimate Ride
or Smooth Ride ... all Arnott Motorcycle Air Suspension kits are backed by fast, friendly customer support and the company's renowned Limited Lifetime Warranty.

Stay tuned to Arnott's website and this forum for the official release date and specs: Arnott Adjustable Motorcycle Air Suspension

·
Senior member / silver
3,453 Posts
OUCH! Those prices hurt!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey Arnott
3 of the links in your post take me to Amazon.com, another takes me to a product page that does not have the part numbers you mentioned and the last I tried shows the part numbers but no price!!!
Your makin it hard......

You describe them as "ultimate, premium, superior" etc etc etc... but no rebound damping??!!!
Really?
Is that correct?

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Arnott
3 of the links in your post take me to Amazon.com, another takes me to a product page that does not have the part numbers you mentioned and the last I tried shows the part numbers but no price!!!
Your makin it hard......

You describe them as "ultimate, premium, superior" etc etc etc... but no rebound damping??!!!
Really?
Is that correct?
> I just checked the above 3 links and all will take you to pages on Arnott Adjustable Motorcycle Air Suspension

> They are currently not available on Amazon although we do sell our auto products there and the MC kits should be available there in a couple weeks.

> The kit for Indian won't have rebound damping since it would be difficult to reach and adjust the mono-shock. Our dual shock kits that sit on the outside do have the rebound adjustment option. Even without the rebound they provide a GREAT ride.

·
Registered
281 Posts
FWIW, Ive used arnott suspension equipment on a variety of vehicles,SUV and other air ride equipped, their customer service is outstanding, their products are very reliable, and their operation is straight forward w no bs or hype.The fact that if it doesnt work, return it w ease is simple.Their shocks and air compressors have saved a lot of folks thousands of dollars that they would have been beat up for at a stealership,, good co A++++ to work with.

·
Registered
34 Posts
An Arnott ultimate air ride system is hitting the market for the scout very soon, maybe in the next few weeks. I'm looking at this system very hard. Any thoughts from anyone??

·
Registered
120 Posts
They are renowned for their quality with Mercedes airmatic replacements. This is good news, my Classic is completely-overwhelmed 2-up.

·
Bronze member
2,244 Posts
The kit for Indian won't have rebound damping since it would be difficult to reach and adjust the mono-shock. Our dual shock kits that sit on the outside do have the rebound adjustment option. Even without the rebound they provide a GREAT ride.
I agree that making the adjustment would not be as easy as a more accessible shock.

But on the OEM shock the main problem is the lack of a rebound adjustment.

On many bikes getting at the rebound adjuster is problematic but once dialed in, it is better than not having any adjustment.

The OEM handles about 85% of the road surfaces okay it is just when it hits a stretch of choppy surface that it gets the hobby horse going.

Any plans to make a shock with a rebound adjustment?

I ask because I have been investigating custom shocks for the TS111 series of bikes myself.

I import hand built shocks from Europe but would prefer to just be able to buy a really well thought out US made replacement, as I have a full plate already.

Thanks,

WD./

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
We'll keep you posted on when the Arnott Ultimate Ride Kit for the Scout & Scout Sixty are ready to be released. R&D is saying end of May (2017).

Air Suspension Kits

Here is a brand new video about Arnott's kits. Doesn't show an Indian but may give you a feel for the product:

See us at Bike Week - We'll be at the Speedway Midway Vendor Area.

·
Registered
2016 Indian Roadmaster
53 Posts
I had an Arnott air ride on my m109 it was a monoshock with rebound adjustability. Why can't you use the same shock with the Indian?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have ordered the system for the scout and will be installing it in the coming week. Super pumped. Will give my opinion when done.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Any word on if these work for Scouts?
We'll keep you posted on when the Arnott Ultimate Ride Kit for the Scout & Scout Sixty are ready to be released. R&D is saying end of May (2017).

Air Suspension Kits

Here is a brand new video about Arnott's kits. Doesn't show an Indian but may give you a feel for the product:

See us at Bike Week - We'll be at the Speedway Midway Vendor Area.
I installed your kit on my 15 chieftain and love it, have you any recommendations for a center stand that will work with your kits ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts