Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought an Arlen Ness 90° Big Sucker intake system. I'm told that the bike will now run lean with this intake. I have stock pipes, and am not looking to upgrade them (at this time!).

Do I need to get a Tuner? Is Fuel Moto what I need? Can I, with about 0% mechanical aptitude, install this tuner? Does the dealer do this?
Sorry about the questions....I'm new to this part of biking! Thanks.

·
Early joiner
165 Posts
I've heard you can knock the plugs out of your stock pipes to help them breathe better like stage one pipes. The fuel moto power vision fuel tuner is very simple to use. Plug it into you ecm under your left side cover and download your tune then Disconnect the Power Vision. Very simple.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have the Arlen Ness 90 degree intake with Freedom True duals and Indian stage one slip ons. I have been riding this for two years with this setup. There has never been an issue with the bike running lean. I just now got a PV3 tuner with 2 different tunes and it made a world of difference. I can't believe I went this long without it. If I was in your shoes I would get a Jackpot Header, which is on the Fuelmoto site, then I would get the PV3, then have CraigB send you a couple tunes. I'm sure you would be very happy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts