Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on going to the Fayetteville Arkansas area for 3 days in April, (Easter weekend) looking for some recommendations for 1 day rides. I'm definitely hitting the Pigs Trail, so where should we go from there? I'm using air bnb or local motels, so we can stay about anywhere between day trips. After a few days we will be heading back to Michigan, so I'd like to end the day trips around St. Louis for the easy trip home (probably through Indy, then North).
I have a great place lined up in Fayetteville, so if we loop back on the second day, all the better, but not a requirement. I'm on my 2017 RM, my buddy will be on his 2019 Electra. No trailers or passengers, so we can travel fairly light.

·
Bronze member
2016 Indian Scout
1,859 Posts
Hwy 60 (south of Springfield, MO) goes east/west through southern MO. There are lots of hills and mild curves. Hwy 76 in MO is also a great ride-more curves.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I second HWY 7, we went last year for the record ride in Hot Springs. Being from Wisconsin we rode it from top down.....great ride, the last 2 hrs. Was in the rain and still enjoyable. Just look out for the locals. Lol

·
Bronze member
2,716 Posts
Hwy 7...great ride. Also, if you get that far, Queen Wilhelmina State Park. Take the scenic drive west into Oklahoma and loop around, back into Ark.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah did the whole Arkansas thing couple years back. Good memories.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Talimena National Scenic Byway. Cut and paste into google and it will explain it better than I ever could. Pretty much every paved road in NW Arkansas is a good ride.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We didn't plan on going much further Southwest into Oklahoma. In a few days, we will need to wind our way back East then shoot North (weather may decide exactly which route) and get back to Michigan on Sunday. We are definitely going to hit the Pigs Trail, highway 7, Harrison, maybe even LBL, possibly the Flat Rock/Mark Twain forest area on the way home.
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will post some pictures, hopefully pictures of us having fun, not cold and wet.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
North of Eureka Springs is a small town of Beaver with a wooded suspending bridge. It's cool to ride over and makes great photo shoots.
Oh, perfect. I planned on hitting the Pea Ridge trail Saturday (highway 62), that puts us right at Eureka springs. It looks like just a few miles up to Beaver. I will put into my ride command, I've never attempted downloading trips into it.
I will post some pictures. Praying for nice weather.

Image result for beaver bridge arkansas

·
Registered
139 Posts
If you make it over to Mountain Home/Mt View, do Push Mountain (hwy 341). Very little traffic. Then hwy 9 between Allison and Melbourne.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts