2,836 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,503 Posts
Very nice!

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Love Riding AZ wish it wasn't so far away .. Nice Pictures !!

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Love to see those pics and thanks for keeping us that arent riding sane!(winter is only two more months)
Ride safe

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Great pics - I need a house somewhere south for the winter. Blizzard watch up for us right now. Fat bike season!
Supposed to be 64 today, gonna give it hell today.
Monday about the same.

Sure wish I had a bigger gas tank!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
Today was 77 degrees so I had to take her out to a place called Tortilla Flats. A nice little day trip by the Superstition Mountains and Canyon Lake.
View attachment 5579

Superstition Mountains in the background

View attachment 5578
Perfect pose in front of the Tonto National Forest sign!
That looks so good! What riding is all about. We are going to us head your way in May.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
That looks so good! What riding is all about. We are going to us head your way in May.
Best case scenario... I'm 300 miles closer to Tortilla Flats than Meggie!
Stop in Midland on your way by Meggie and Hubby, I'm only a 1/4 mile off the Interstate 20. Right on the way!
I don't know what kind of Whiskey and cigars you like, so I guess I will just feed you while your here!

·
Registered
425 Posts
The only downside to this ride is the road. Two lanes and more potholes than road in some key spots. I need to find out who owns that road. I think it is Pinal County. Maybe they will fix it if we ask enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Founding member
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The only downside to this ride is the road. Two lanes and more potholes than road in some key spots. I need to find out who owns that road. I think it is Pinal County. Maybe they will fix it if we ask enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed.

The stock Scout suspension did not like it! Traffic kept the pace slow which was a good thing.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Took the hubby's Chieftain out yesterday up through Strawberry and stopped in Pine at 'That Brewery' for lunch. Forgot my phone so no pictures but there was a bunch of snow still on the side of the road. Asked our waitress when they got snow and she said it was from New Years Eve when they got over 18". Sure glad we now live at the lover elevations!! Will remember to put the phone in the pocket to get some Indian shots along the way. Maybe next time I travel this route will be on a Red Scout!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Getting ready to be hit with up to 30" of snow!!! We are going to get buried...!! Pretty major stuff.....glad my girl is still tucked away at my dealer awaiting the rest of my accessories.....

·
Registered
765 Posts
Tortilla Flats is a neat little destination. Had family in Mesa bring me out there about 15 yrs ago.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts