Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to add some rear speakers to my bags.
I picked up the rear speakers with amp but the air head didn't tell me I needed the wire kit that goes with adding new speakers. How long have you been working here????
Oh! Don't expect to have the $440 separate cost of the grills for the speakers once you do get them in and hooked up.

·
Rider
1,011 Posts
The dirty bird lids are....dirty....I'm strongly thinking about it

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Rider
1,011 Posts
I'm probably trading bikes next year so 8m not doing to do any serious audio upgrades but the next bike will have alot

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, at least I learned how to disassemble
/assemble the front fairing, install the new amp, upgrade my front speakers, add tweeters, paint my gloss black lids matte,#outtastockonmine and found some after market speaker bezels for $99.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Unfortunately just like every other bigger brand out there, they are very proud of their products!

2018 Chieftain Limited Blue Metalic
Live free Ride hard

·
Rider
1,180 Posts
Wire harness needed is reg price at 100 bucks.
You can find a little cheaper if you look.
You didnt need to take faring off to add the amp. I just pulled the headlight.

·
Rider
661 Posts
Very nice....I e painted all of the chrome pieces on my bike with several different matte and grill flat paint. Took a few trial and errors but got her to match pretty damn close. Was hoping you had a simpler method. The person who looks very close can see a few hues of matte black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very nice....I e painted all of the chrome pieces on my bike with several different matte and grill flat paint. Took a few trial and errors but got her to match pretty damn close. Was hoping you had a simpler method. The person who looks very close can see a few hues of matte black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok. Ill send you the product info.
Its from the auto pro paint store but Amazon sells it.
Gimme a few k.
Good ride.

·
Silver member
3,423 Posts
I might have to get out the old Walkman.:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Darthbagger

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok guys: I finally got my speakers to work. I dropped the bike off at the dealers. They called the next day to tell me it was done. I was excited. I asked what the trouble was and they said I was supposed to add a second amp which they did in exchange for the one I took out.
My question is, why couldn't they tell me all this when I asked them what I needed to add speakers to my bag lids? There are no instructions on this info.
So heres what you will need if you want to do the same thing I did.
1-4 channel amp to connect to your 2 channel amp for the rear speakers. $230
1 set of speaker wiring kit $100
1 set of speakers with 4 channel amp included $800
1 set of speaker grid protectors $440
12 beers
1 friend to high five after yours works.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts