Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably a dumb question. I hate for someone to steal my new J-Cruise helmet. I got the JPS on my bike so if someone touches it, it will let me know on my phone. It is a yellow helmet and I have been putting my coat over it. I know you can put a lock through the chin strap rings but a knife would cut them in a second.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Gun lock around the sissy bar through the d-rings in your helmet... helmet sits right on the passenger seat.... easy on easy off.....

·
Rider
756 Posts
Probably a dumb question. I hate for someone to steal my new J-Cruise helmet. I got the JPS on my bike so if someone touches it, it will let me know on my phone. It is a yellow helmet and I have been putting my coat over it. I know you can put a lock through the chin strap rings but a knife would cut them in a second.
I have a helmet lock bolted to my handlebars,, can’t even notice it,, but,, it locks the helmet through the D ring,. I put my helmet on my mirror,, hook the D ring up,, and it’s done. The best way to do it right is put it in your trunk. Trunks bolt right to the luggage rack and lock securely. OH ,,,GOOD CHOICE ON THE OPEN FACE. My son puts his helmet in his backpack,, that handlebar lock is only 20 or 25 dollars,, look for it on Amazon.

·
Founding member
2,151 Posts
D-ring is about your only option with an open face (1/2 or 3/4) helmet. I do it a little different on my Chieftain by placing the D-ring strap inside my bag lid and close it. I can lock the bags and if they try to pull it hard, it will set off the bike alarm. The helmet then sits on the bag rack on top of the lid.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Anyone that slashes the straps to "steal" your helmet is not a thief, but nothing but a vandal.
If he does that he doesn't want a helmet, he just doesn't want YOU to have a helmet.

·
Rider
634 Posts
A set of Handcuffs works great and they are dual purpose

1 - 8 of 8 Posts