Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
There are probably more Classics out there than one would realize with just a casual glance. The majority have probably had bags and windshields added and now appear to be vintages unless one really pays attention, or in cases where OEM bags and w/s were installed, asks.

·
Bronze member
2,710 Posts
Well Indian did drop it for 2019 probably because of sales. My dealer has 3 2018 classics priced at 16K OTD and if you qualify for the Hero's discount that's another 1000 off. Now, no one asked but in my mind that is exactly where the Classic should be priced 16-17K. 2018 Chief Classic MSRP of 19.5? To me that's totally stupid when a black Vintage is 19999.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Well Indian did drop it for 2019 probably because of sales. My dealer has 3 2018 classics priced at 16K OTD and if you qualify for the Hero's discount that's another 1000 off. Now, no one asked but in my mind that is exactly where the Classic should be priced 16-17K. 2018 Chief Classic MSRP of 19.5? To me that's totally stupid when a black Vintage is 19999.
When my stator went out a few months ago, the manager of the new dealership here in Houston had his mechanic take one off a Classic that was on the showroom. He said they weren't selling that well, so.......

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I think that's the Indian fender tip. I believe I paid $130 for the front and back fender tips. I hope I'm not lying to you, I honestly don't remember.

·
Bronze member
2,188 Posts
Father / Daughter ride to dinner.. Out of the collection, she prefers the Chief over all the others... My white Chief - the only bike I've ever bought thinking that it needs absolutely nothing - and I was right !

·
Registered
42 Posts
0D84E77F-3C2E-457B-8E8E-4B0CF986D877.jpeg
I bought the Chief because I wanted to make my bike look a little different then all the others. Pearl White, windshield all the chrome trim exchanged to black. The leather bags are custom made with the Indian Chief hand tooled on them. Blacked out a few other pieces to accent the bike. Polaris must have seen it cause they went a few steps further with the 2019 model.

Attachments

41 - 56 of 56 Posts