Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
YES, Most folks want some extras and especially bags. If people want the classic they usually end up buying a vintage and take extras off for the Classic look when they want that ride. I have to say riding a Classic or stripped down Vintage is a great ride, and lightest ride. The sound is different due to the pipes not being sheltered by the bags. Fun ride.
Yep pretty much this. I love the classic, but went with the vintage for the extras.

The vintage has everything I want,, except for that awsomely perfect classic tank decal.

I'd love to replace the badge with the decal,,, if anyone knows what it takes to duplicate the factory process, I'm all ears. I've been procrastinating on doing other upgrades, but the decal,, I'd be all over that .. I'm weird like that :D

·
Registered
392 Posts
IMG_0164.JPG

My "rare" 2014 Classic with a few Vintage add-ons included in the deal. Windshield, backrest, and stage 1 pipes. Didn't really need the storage and loved the clean lines. Plus it is a numbered bike so I grabbed it up.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
This is my Classic. I love this model because it can be customized in many different ways.

View attachment 375678

:)
What you have now is basically a Vintage with a few more add-ons. My point in an earlier post is that if you want to add all the goodies (bags, windshield, pillion, passenger pegs) and get a two tone paint job you are better off just getting the Vintage. I'm not criticizing you, I did the same thing--I bought a Classic and basically turned it into a Vintage. If I could do it over again, I would have gotten the Vintage and saved several thousand dollars. In the '18 lineup, the Vintage and Classic are only $500 apart. You can't even add the windshield after purchase to a Classic for that price.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I love the stripped down look of the Classic. Was really my first choice. In Colorado it's almost a necessity to have some storage on a bike. You just always have to carry "layers" of clothes, especially when going up into the mountains. The Vintage gives me both with the removable bags. However I need to find those little clear plastic protectors so I can change them. Any one know where to get them???
I went ahead with 3M on both side of the back.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Personally, if it were me, the Classic, Dark Horse, Vintage, and Springfield forums would be merged into one forum. They're all exactly the same bike, except for paint, and a few bolt on pieces. To me, it would make sense to put it all together, and not require having to go through each forum individually. There's good stuff for classic owners in the Vintage section. There's good stuff for Springfield owners ion the Dark Horse section. etc etc. The bikes have what, a 95% commonality? Why the different forum sections, really is beyond me!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I love my Chief Classic as well. I have seen nothing that I would exchange or trade it for. It’s perfect for me. I just wish Spring would come soon! I cannot wait to ride. I do think it is the least sold Indian model. I live in Maine and have not seen another on the road in 2 years now. It does turn heads. I get a ton of lookers every time I stop. A lot of questions too. “Is that an Indian?” How old is it? Did you restore it? Is that white pearl white? When I park it on the street I get a lot of folks stopping and pointing. I get a little nervous leaving it alone. My scout created a lot of interest too.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
IMG_20180826_140325.jpg
IMG_20181011_123221.jpg
I love my Classic. 2014 we had 3 choices. I went with the Classic for it's clean lines, plus I didn't like the fairing on the Chieftain or
the bags on the Vintage.
I tried to make it my own.

·
Registered
5,866 Posts
View attachment 452992 Is there a "Picture of your Classic" thread? I didn't see one. Cuz I love posting pics of mine!!
Beautiful! I note yours, and several others, with no passenger pillion but still having the passenger floor-boards installed. What am I missing? Do you guys swap on a passenger seat from time-to-time?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Beautiful! I note yours, and several others, with no passenger pillion but still having the passenger floor-boards installed. What am I missing. Do you guys swap on a passenger seat from time-to-time?
Yes, exactly. Sometimes Momma wants to ride and I'll slip the pass. seat on, and the floor boards are already set.

·
Silver member
4,484 Posts
That's how I roll with mine too. Pull the seat, leave the pegs. Kind of like leave the gun, take the canolli…

OB in the Driveway.jpg

21 - 40 of 56 Posts