Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Arsenal Racecraft dealers "Those Dyno Guys" (Matt Smith) and Lil'Evil Inkorpor8ted (Kurt Peterson) have completed their initial AR-117 Indian Engine Performance Kit Install. Here is Matt's Dyno Print on the kit, very nice curve with Great Rideable Power!!
36356726_1724306417605046_8334741344807288832_n.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Arsenal Racecraft dealers "Those Dyno Guys" (Matt Smith) and Lil'Evil Inkorpor8ted (Kurt Peterson) have completed their initial AR-117 Indian Engine Performance Kit Install. Here is Matt's Dyno Print on the kit, very nice curve with Great Rideable Power!! View attachment 409142
Quote from Matt Smith of “Those Dyno Guys”
“With a stock header and stage 1 mufflers and air cleaner! There’s more left in him!”

·
Registered
23 Posts
Only one way to find out.

Although, I will point out that current Indian baggers are essentially running collectors now with their 2-1-2 systems. Since, whatever happens after the collector has diminishing impact on performance, I would expect imperceptible changes no matter the engine setup.

Now, it could sound entirely different and the aesthetics will appeal to folks for sure. I would advise basing a decision on the last two items rather than an expectation on performance improvement.

·
Bronze member
1,952 Posts
Interesting. I was wondering because Matt Smith's comments above about stock header, mufflers and stage 1 ac and "there's more left in him." Just trying to reconcile those comments with yours. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sure, intake, good flowing exhaust always help. So, certainly any good aftermarket catless system will pay dividends. That was where I was coming from, so not sure any reconciliation required.

One place that could help quite a bit is a different header design, but likely won't look any thing close to stock thus changing the look of the bike. So, some tradeoffs required.

Is RB willing to design something for the Thunderstroke? Will require some R&D to do so e.g. runner/header lengths are important and can hurt or help you. In other words, a good header system is modeled and tuned. Looks like they know what they are doing, so I wouldn't expect them to just slap something on there.

In any event, Just some things to consider if you had down that route.

·
Bronze member
1,952 Posts
Thanks. They already have one developed. They put a fair amount of time and usually nail the correct runner/header dimensions to maximize scavenging. One member on this forum has it paired with Indians 116, vp60 ac, and pvcx custom tune. He published 112 hp and 134 tq. I would expect AR/Crestone to do a bit better.

Another thing that i wonder about are the lifters and pushrods. Are they up to the task, in your opinion? BTW, thanks for jumping on the Indian train!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks. They already have one developed. They put a fair amount of time and usually nail the correct runner/header dimensions to maximize scavenging. One member on this forum has it paired with Indians 116, vp60 ac, and pvcx custom tune. He published 112 hp and 134 tq. I would expect AR/Crestone to do a bit better.

Another thing that i wonder about are the lifters and pushrods. Are they up to the task, in your opinion? BTW, thanks for jumping on the Indian train!
Interesting info on the RB exhaust.

The valve train is up to the task, but we have upgrade options available for both the lifters and pushrods.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts