Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

April's Ride of the Month Contest.

10K views 40 replies 35 participants last post by  Admin 
#1 ·
Welcome to the April's Ride of the Month Competition!

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. (link to site gallery)

See less See more
#7 ·
15 April 2021: Well, I'll participate in this, Here is my 2019 Indian Chief Vintage, No modifications I prefer to keep it stock I did add some extra leather fringes though, I always loved Indian motorcycles and consider it a privilege to now own one, There are those who want to argue that Indian today isn't the same as the old ones but with that arguement I say what today is the same as the old ones? Harley today isn't the same as the old ones but they are still Harleys, Indian motorcycles today may not be made by George Hendee but the are still Indians so I think that is a lame argument, I love my Indian because it meets my style expectations and is the most nicest riding motorcycle I have ever own and I have owned a few. 🐺

Attachments

#8 ·
I’ll throw my hat in the ring...I submit my 2019 FTR1200s. This bike was many “firsts” for me. First brand new motorcycle (3rd overall). First bike over 1000cc. First V-Twin. First Indian. Something drew me to the looks of the FTR from the first time I saw it. It was basically my perfect looking motorcycle in my mind come to life. I love the way it looks, the sound it makes, and the way it makes me smile when I get on it, and the way it compels me to turn around as I walk away from it. This thing is my pride and joy and I don’t foresee getting rid of it ever.

Mods-
S&S slip-on dB reducer removed
FuelMoto PV3 tune
Raximo adjustable levers
Wunderkind bar end mirrors, chain guard
Roland Sands reservoir covers, foot pegs, shift and brake levers, frame sliders
Indian heated grips, front disc lock, clear signals, clear tank pads
NR plate relocate
Aeromach engine skid plate
R&G radiator guard
Saddlemen seat
Continental RA3 tires

#9 ·
My 2019 Roadmaster-
Love this bike. Powerful and smooth. And very photogenic.

Love the attention people give when rolling or stopped.

Favorite ride is the mountain roads going around Mount Rainier.

Almost two years now, and I've had lots of time to get it just about perfect as far as mods....

Stage 1 black exhaust
Tier1 tuner
Racing spark plugs
K&N intake
Performance spark plug wires
Leather wrapped guards and handlebars
Blacked out saddlebag hinges/ latches
Saddlebag liners (with interior lights)
Black dash trim and mirrors
Black fender trim and headress
Kuryakyn tank console
Freedom windshield
Screaming banshee horn
50 cal bullet radio antenna

#10 · (Edited)
All pictures are recent, shows the bike in different configurations (no windshield and no rear seat, with windsheild and rear seat, with the trunk added).

Mods:
Indian stage 1 performance intake and stage 1 oval exhaust
Indian stage 2 cams, throttle body
Heated grips with custom grip wraps
16" ape bars
freedomshield with indianaftermarket quick-release mounts
UltimateSeats heated seats for the rider and passenger, plus the backrest
highway bars
Kuryakym highway bar infinite pegs
Aftermarket trunk with 2x2 quickrelease mount
Heel shifter
Passenger floorboards
Indian adaptive pathfinder headlights
Lit warbonnet
Customdynamics saddlebag lights
Indian tank bag
Hardwired Garmin Zumo XT GPS
Lower wind deflectors (not in the picture)
USB ports
5x ram mount balls to mount whatever, wherever

Favourite aspect

The seat is custom and has my and my wife's name embroidried on the rider and passenger portion. One time I was coming out of somewhere and saw a group of people parked around the bike. I was psyched they were checking out my bike or one of the other expensive updates.

Nope, they were taking pictures of the name on the seat. $35 investment and that's what gets talked about the most.

#11 ·
I'll bite.
2018 Roadmaster. Bought it last April, brand new, with 4500ish miles. It now has over 14,000 miles. We just got back from a spring ride in New Mexico, but my favorite ride so far with on it was last years ride to Sturgis, Devils Tower, Spearfish Canyon, North Dakota, Montana, Chief Joseph byway, and Yellowstone. Fun ride and what a great motorcycle to do it on. I have been out to Sturgis on other bikes, but this one was by far the most fun and most comfy ride. This is by far my favorite bike.
Things i have added:
DynoJet PV3
gutted cat
knocked out the plugs on the stock mufflers
made me some brackets for gas struts on the trunk lid
black vinyl feather for saddlebags
Kuryakyn trunk organizer
passenger fold up cup holder attached to the trunk speaker cover
passenger USB charger installed in the trunk speaker cover. That sure makes it nice to plug something in while riding
Denali Sound Bomb air horn. The compressor fits very neatly behind the "horn cover"
Indian Pinnacle mirrors
Indian tan leather grip covers
Indian passenger arm rests
put on a Ceramic coating to keep it shiny
Custom seat, the stocker was just no good for me. i just did this over the winter so i only have a couple of pics since
the following add ons were just in the past couple of weeks:
Kuryakyn rear strip lights
Kuryakyn passenger adjustable Highway foot pegs
Custom Dynamics trunk brake light flasher
Badlands front turn signal illuminator - to turn the front turn signals into running lights
Indian adaptive headlight
16" Freedom Shields windscreen - awesome upgrade!

#12 · (Edited)
My 2016 Scout, I love riding this bike, not too heavy, throw it into corners, it’s an absolutely great bike to ride.

Wire wheels
RaceTech fork springs with gold emulators
JW Speaker adaptive LED headlight
Guard Dawg ignition
McCruise Cruise Control
Zipper intake
Power Commander V
Corbin dual touring seat
Kuryakyn crusher exhaust
Nitron NTR R3 twin shocks
Kuryakyn spear mini boards (front & rear), grips
Metal flake candy Apple red & Pearl black with gold pin stripe paint
Reduced reach bars
White wall Metzlers
Chief warbonnet on front guard
Chief warbonnet on tank
X Arc indicators (rear brake & tail light & indicators in 1)
Radiator protector grill
Capt Itch leather mudflap ( has really saved the radiator)

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Plant

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Plant

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 · (Edited)
2018 Roadmaster ICON
Mesa Red Smoke/Thunder Black Smoke

Love this bike!

My favorite ride (so far) has been to Sturgis, Deadwood, Spearfish Canyon, Crazy Horse Monument, Mt. Rushmore, Devils Tower.
lots of good riding in that area.

My favorite thing about this bike .... hmmm .... has to be the styling.
No mistaking it for a HD.
Seems like every time I stop somewhere there is always someone asking me about my Indian. 😁

Mods:
Fringed mud flaps
Fringed lever covers (braided)
Studded leather crash bar covers
Indian riders backrest
Indian black Infinite Highway pegs
10” flared Windshield
Indian skull horn cover insert
RIVCO trunk relocation kit
Indian Stage I intake (oval)
Rinehart slip-on exhaust
Stage II cams
PV3 and FuelMoto tune

#14 ·
First Bobber on the floor!

Her name is Ruby-

Bought her in July of 2020. My first brand new vehicle, a 2020 Scout Bobber, rolled off of the showroom floor! Haven't had much time to invest and mod, nor take her many places, but I have a vision to make this bike something special. An example of everything iconic about Indian Motorcycles while also adding subtle modern touches that make it an objectively beautiful machine.

My favorite aspect of Ruby, if you can guess it, is that Ruby Red Smoke color. Indian absolutely knocked this color out of the park, it screams "indian Motorcycle" and it is the inspiration for me to attempt to blend the modern with the classic. Hope you enjoy what I have done thus far! (Last pic is as she currently sits)

Mods:
Indian Billet Foot Control Pegs
Indian Pathfinder LED Headlight
Indian Tan Comfort Seat
Indian Tan Passenger Seat w/ Backrest
Indian Passenger Pegs
Indian Bobber Saddlebag
12" War Bonnet Rebadge
Custom Dynamics Turn Signals
Indian Floorboards
Oversized Scout Grips

Attachments

#16 ·
Hell yeah here we go.

2019 FTR 1200

If you were to take a piece from every motorcycle I've ever loved and mash it all together into some knobby shredding Frankenstein monster, this is exactly what you'd end up with. Indian have stolen my heart a second time over with the FTR. After learning to ride on a dirt bike I rode a Scout for 3 years, it was an incredible bike that I fell deeper in love with every day, but as soon the FTR was officially revealed I knew the end was in sight. After a year of saving and a sudden wave of FTR discounts I finally decided to part with my Scout in favor of something closer to home for me.

The FTR gives me everything that I want in a bike: a fantastic and reliable American V-twin, unapologetic, unique, beautiful styling, and just enough ground clearance and suspension to misbehave in the woods. The FTR, more than most other modern bikes, seems to hold up a big middle finger to convention, and I love that. Not having an obvious identity is exactly its identify. This bike will become exactly what you want it to be. For me, that means slapping a pair of knobbies on and forcing the bears out of hibernation. It's an inappropriate dirt bike, but the more you tell me not to off-road it, the further up the mountain I'll go.

Cloud Sky Tire Wheel Fuel tank

Mods:

PV3 Fuel Moto Rev B tune
S&S Grand National Slip On
Custom skid plate
Custom tail tidy
Custom ABS bypass switch
Fenrir CNC mirrors
ProTaper Rally Bars
Mitas E-07+ Tires
65,000 km Scout spark plug mirror caps Roland Sands reservoir and engine caps
RSD frame sliders
Springfield tank badges

#17 ·
Hell yeah here we go.

2019 FTR 1200

.........but the more you tell me not to off-road it, the further up the mountain I'll go.
Hi Epoch6,

IN the mountain is a much more fascinating and captivating story. Best one I've ever seen and one that will stay with me.

Reactions: EPOCH6
#22 ·
A brief history...

About 2 years ago I walked into the Sydney (Australia) Indian showroom and saw what I thought was the ultimate Indian motorcycle, the 2019 Indian Roadmaster Elite. Strange for me as I had only every owned either all black or all white bikes, (apart from my very first bike, a 1972 Gold Honda CB175), anyway, I fell in love and wanted to buy it. The dealer and I could not agree on a change over price for my 2016 Springfield so I walked away.

Fast forward to about 6 weeks ago and I wandered into the "New" Indian dealer in Sydney and there it was... I thought "Hello, have you been waiting for me"? I made what I thouight was a low but fair offer for a two year old bike and after much discussion and negotiation by the dealer we sealed the deal for my original price. The bike was originally listed at around $50k and I signed for 20K plus my 2016 Springfield with 36k on the clock. A really good deal I thought.

When they kindly delivered it to my house as I had recently torn a calf muscle, (all ok now!), my wife greeted the bike with the comment "Wow! that machine is as flashy as Elvis".

So, meet "Elvis" my new pride and joy....
All stock except for High Flow Air Cleaner.

This ride will do me until I can't lift it off the stand anymore. Then my kids can fight over it

The first photo is when I saw it in the showroom.
The second is when it was delivered to my house.
The third is outside the Robertson Pie shop on it's maiden ride.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

#24 ·
I bought this 2018 Chieftain limited used from the dealer close to home in January 2021. The previous owner was an Army Vietnam veteran who methodically maintained, enhanced, and without a doubt made this bike his. The cams where upgraded as well as the intake. In 7500 miles the oil was changed 4 times ( yes 4 times). He had it custom hand painted, tank badge, front and rear fenders, side panels, and of course the saddle bags. All of the paintings with the exception of one show the colors of the Vietnam War ribbon. He had loud pipes installed, then a month later he had baffles installed ( that always makes me laugh).
I was told that the original owner was dying of cancer. I thought about it for a second, looked the bike over again and went for it. I won't change the artwork even though I am not a veteran, much less a Vietnam veteran. I'm good with keeping thiat soldiers motorcycle legacy around awhile longer.

Oh I did add a Klockworks black flared windshield and a saddleman 2up seat.

Fuel tank Photograph Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood
Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting
I

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

#25 ·
I bought this used 2017 Scout with only 135 miles on it. Gladly brought home.
  • it has loud pipes (kind that rattle windows) courtesy of RC Xhaust...
  • has mini apes 10”
  • large windshield
  • changes out tank decals for large script
  • added passenger seat and pegs. (?I know don’t match, guess that shows my reluctance... but I have daughters that wanna take along).
  • eagle head fender ornament
  • personalized saddle bags courtesy of my artistic ability to represent my cultural affiliation.
  • chrome engine gaurd
  • Indian floorboards w extended reach for gear shift and breaks.
  • leather seat better than the stock for sure.
  • and a few engraved Indian logo adhesives added.
  • and eagle feather to top it off.

#26 ·
I bought this used 2017 Scout with only 135 miles on it. Gladly brought home.
  • it has loud pipes (kind that rattle windows) courtesy of RC Xhaust...
  • has mini apes 10”
  • large windshield
  • changes out tank decals for large script
  • added passenger seat and pegs. (?I know don’t match, guess that shows my reluctance... but I have daughters that wanna take along).
  • eagle head fender ornament
  • personalized saddle bags courtesy of my artistic ability to represent my cultural affiliation.
  • chrome engine gaurd
  • Indian floorboards w extended reach for gear shift and breaks.
  • leather seat better than the stock for sure.
  • and a few engraved Indian logo adhesives added.
  • and eagle feather to top it off.

View attachment 630964 View attachment 630965 View attachment 630966
To add: I had always a wanted an Indian motorcycle and waited for the opportunity to buy one, my father in the other hand tried to sway my way towards HD but I wasn’t having it. Now he’s looking at an Indian. Lol. I love the way Hinmatóom sik'em ( that the name I bestowed means thunder horse in my language) handles on the open road and with all the curvy roads in Idaho.

#27 ·
Here is the BEST Bike I have ever rode in 47 years! 2018 Roadmaster. Just finished a 2200 mile trek through Texas, was an awesome ride and the bike made all the difference in the world.
MODS: Highway pegs, Toe heel shifter and XM radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.