Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I had to bring them to a welder who has experience with handlebars not far from me. He cut off stock bar ends, plugged em to weld, removed plugs and they fit perfectly. Stock bars are 1.25 thick, step down to 1 at the perches and 3/4 or 7/8 where the grips actually are located.

I did also drill through the top of the risers and bars when I had then positioned as I liked. Then used a bolt and nut to keep them solid.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just got off the phone with the local Indian service dept. grip area steps down to 1” and mounting knurl area is 1.25” and knurl to knurl is 5”. That is on a 15 Indian Vintage.

Sorry for the thread “revival”, but I was just looking it over because I too am wanting to buy some carlini menace apes 16” chrome. Hoping I don’t need to do an modification to the apes themselves.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just got off the phone with the local Indian service dept. grip area steps down to 1” and mounting knurl area is 1.25” and knurl to knurl is 5”. That is on a 15 Indian Vintage.

Sorry for the thread “revival”, but I was just looking it over because I too am wanting to buy some carlini menace apes 16” chrome. Hoping I don’t need to do an modification to the apes themselves.
Interested in Carlini apes as well they dont do any custom work right now. Did you end up getting Carlinis ? And how did go? Thx

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had to bring them to a welder who has experience with handlebars not far from me. He cut off stock bar ends, plugged em to weld, removed plugs and they fit perfectly. Stock bars are 1.25 thick, step down to 1 at the perches and 3/4 or 7/8 where the grips actually are located.

I did also drill through the top of the risers and bars when I had then positioned as I liked. Then used a bolt and nut to keep them solid.

Did he have to cut the Carlini bar ends completely off and weld the OEM bar ends on. I want some

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think I found a place that sells the Carlini apes for Indians. Called Pacific Coast cruisers. They are online.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think I found a place that sells the Carlini apes for Indians. Called Pacific Coast cruisers. They are online.
Yeah I called them and they informed me that some medications are required for those.Seeing that they were made for HD bikes. I have some gangster style apes already that are the same as Carlini's. I just need to know if these will work or do I have to shell out more money for new bars and fabricating or just fabricating for the ones I have. The measurements are the same 16" tall 1.25" and 1" at the bar ends. The width is about an inch or two smaller then Carlini's.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For me there is a different shape to the bars. The custom ones I want have a different bend and more pull back. More comfortable for me. Stock position puts a hurting on my shoulders.

Custom apes with bend

Can you give me some details on these bars- where were they made and thickness and length? Are those 16" or 18"
They are awesome.
Thanks.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts