Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Rider
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in hearing if anyone has used the Ride-On tire sealant , what they thought about it and if there were any TPMS problems?
I spoke to a company rep and he said that while they could not offer any kind of guarantee, there shouldn't be any problems if the sensor is hermetically sealed.

I've read very positive reviews on other (non-Indian) sites and thought it might be something to utilize.

Thanks in advance to all replies

·
Bronze member
2,003 Posts
No problem at all after adding external TPMS a month ago.
Ride-On was put in a month before that.

Just topped up the air pressure over the weekend, first time since adding the TPMS. Only +1 psi.

Before using Ride-On rear tire was losing 2 to 4 psi every 4 to 6 days. Front tire lost only 1 or 2 psi during same time.

Until checking the tire pressures I wasn’t sure if the Ride-On stuff was going to get into the valve stems or not. No signs of any while I filled and released some air.

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,818 Posts
Although the company claims there should be no problems since these units are sealed, I’ve had 2 batteries show signs they don’t like the moist environment. Both batteries swelled up causing the TPMS to malfunction, as in stop working. May be bad batteries but 2 with the same issue? I still use RideOn though. It’s that extra security.

·
Bronze member
2,003 Posts
had 2 batteries show signs they don’t like the moist environment. Both batteries swelled up
Interesting point made there.
As most of us know, air inside tires can be rather damp anyhow.

I wonder if there could be more reasons to that, such as the higher than normal pressure put on the batteries and high temperatures.

Although in regards to the temperature I guess button cell batteries can experience more extremes than those found in tires.
So that probably leaves water and pressure as potential problems.

Having looked at one of the batteries inside my external TPMS sensor before install, it didn’t appear to be well sealed against water. Just simple plastic pieces encapsulating the battery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts