Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rider
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what made you make that trade and if you’re happy with it.

Rode one over the weekend and had a blast.

I love my dark horse but thinking of selling or trading for the ftr.

Mainly because I feel like a change. Also have had the chief for 2 and a half years now and have only used it around town. Since I work 6 days a week 12 hours a day in my work van. Not saying it’s not a great bike for that but feels like I’m not using it to it’s full potential.

I’d love to have both and am going to try convincing the wife to let me just buy it without the trade. But that would most likely mean she loses her spot in the garage and I don’t think she’d ever consider it.

Am I crazy for even entertaining this idea?

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,132 Posts
Not any crazier than me going from a Chieftain to a Scout last September. I did have reasons, mainly related to aging affecting my legs & lower back. Just didn't feel I had adequate leg strength anymore. I had to make several changes to the Scout, mostly related to comfort issues but I'm happy with it.

·
5,132 Posts
Extended reach foot control kit and floorboards. 10 inch mini ape handlebars and a National Cycle 2-up Switchblade windshield (I can easily see over the top). Most important comfort enhancer was a Corbin Solo seat. The other things were for carrying things. The Indian tan saddlebags and the rear fender luggage rack. I also wanted a louder exhaust and went with the TAB longs slip-ons with the 1.75" baffles in them.
74532310_1306932826132955_1145003981504774144_n.jpg

·
5,132 Posts
I also believe the FTR would make a cool play bike but right now it isn't going to happen.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I too bought a Scout, as my Chieftain (with trunk- Master Chief :) ) was so bulky in town. But I kept both. The Scout is definitely my around towner and the Chieftain is my weekender with the significant other on long rides.

Reactions: Cmiller

·
Founding member
989 Posts
Extended reach foot control kit and floorboards. 10 inch mini ape handlebars and a National Cycle 2-up Switchblade windshield (I can easily see over the top). Most important comfort enhancer was a Corbin Solo seat. The other things were for carrying things. The Indian tan saddlebags and the rear fender luggage rack. I also wanted a louder exhaust and went with the TAB longs slip-ons with the 1.75" baffles in them. View attachment 585196
It really turned out nice! Taken any long rides on it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts