Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are lots of threads about security and lack of security, but I can't seem to find any thread of someone who has got an alarm mounted on their Scout. Not much room, but has anyone made it work?

·
Registered
61 Posts
There are lots of threads about security and lack of security, but I can't seem to find any thread of someone who has got an alarm mounted on their Scout. Not much room, but has anyone made it work?
Hey! I installed a gorilla 9100 on my sixty. I also have the 1920 seat upgrade. The alarm module was a tight fit but it squeezes between the battery box and rear fender. I just recently replaced the stock battery with a Shorai Lifepo4 which is not as tall, and i just relocated the alarm pod under the seat bracket. it fits perfectly with the relay/fuse box.
The system appears to work well as i have yet to get the bike stolen!

·
Senior member / gold
6,190 Posts
Hey! I installed a gorilla 9100 on my sixty. I also have the 1920 seat upgrade. The alarm module was a tight fit but it squeezes between the battery box and rear fender. I just recently replaced the stock battery with a Shorai Lifepo4 which is not as tall, and i just relocated the alarm pod under the seat bracket. it fits perfectly with the relay/fuse box.
Tell me where you live then:cool:,......

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm interested in this topic. But for now I'm thinking in getting a good lock like abus 8077 with optional chain and a little gps tracker hidden somewhere in the fender or some other non easily accesible place. ¿Anyone installed a small gps tracker?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm interested in this topic. But for now I'm thinking in getting a good lock like abus 8077 with optional chain and a little gps tracker hidden somewhere in the fender or some other non easily accesible place. ¿Anyone installed a small gps tracker?
I was advised by someone who will go unnamed not to get GPS because if the bike is stolen, you don't want it back.

·
Senior member / gold
6,190 Posts
I was advised by someone who will go unnamed not to get GPS because if the bike is stolen, you don't want it back.
Could work out to be a case of just how much you spent on it too. I for one would want my bike back, even trashed I'd want it back,.....maybe I get too emotionally attached to my bikes,.......no,.......not maybe,........definitely ,........
Alpal

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well it depends on the insurance you got, the first year in my case you get the full value you paid, the second just like 80% of that and so on. So unless you pay big money for your insurance and you are lucky enought to find that kind of insurance...you want it back and particularly you always want the thief to be caught and get his bones in the jail hopefully.

·
Registered
1 Posts
WOULD YOU MIND TAKING SOME PICS OF THE INSTALL..WHERE YOU INSTALLED THE ALARM MODULE AND THE TILT SENSOR? IM VERY INTERESTED IN THIS. THANKS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.