Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Indian Scout Sixty
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a 1901 Low Fly Windscreen in good condition if there is someone out there who bought one but for whatever reason wants to part with it. I installed one on my Scout Sixty a while ago, but I messed up the clear coat a little when I pressed on a transfer sticker. You'll see what I mean in the pic. On the flip side, if any of you want to buy mine at less than half the price of what it cost new, let me know.

·
Registered
2017 Indian Scout Sixty
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not sand it down and spray on a new clear coat?
Thanks, Moto_Max. Yeah, I thought about doing just that, but am hesitant because I feel like I might scratch the surface. And once scratched, the clear coat won't look right over top. I was thinking maybe trying to peel or rub off the rest of the clear coat with the help of goo-gone or mineral spirits, then spray the whole thing with a fresh coat of satin clear coat.

·
Registered
2017 Indian Scout Sixty
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True. And I might just end up going that route. I figured if I could get one from someone who doesn't really want it anymore, I would save some time trying to make this one just right. We'll see what happens. I'll send you pics if I end up sanding and re-coating this one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm looking to buy a 1901 Low Fly Windscreen in good condition if there is someone out there who bought one but for whatever reason wants to part with it. I installed one on my Scout Sixty a while ago, but I messed up the clear coat a little when I pressed on a transfer sticker. You'll see what I mean in the pic. On the flip side, if any of you want to buy mine at less than half the price of what it cost new, let me know.
View attachment 613546
I have a good used one that was only mounted on my wife’s scout for a couple months. I was thinking about posting it on fleabay after the first of the year.

·
Registered
2017 Indian Scout Sixty
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a good used one that was only mounted on my wife’s scout for a couple months. I was thinking about posting it on fleabay after the first of the year.
Thanks to Wvjonesy I am no longer looking for another windscreen. I appreciate all who replied.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts