Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Limited Edition - Solid Red Roadmaster
3,516 Posts
do you know if those polaris or private label??
really nice!

Reactions: SterlingDrive

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know Enzo. I would rather have a shop powder coat them and them look perfect, then me go at it and hack it up. I am going to call a shop that is highly rated that isn't far that does powder coating, full customized bikes, all the good stuff. Hoping at most $75 per rocker.

@scotty these are most likely done by a local painter sold by the dealer, that's all. Indian doesn't offer them from factory.

I did find it funny, OEM website I go to is asking $350+shipping for stock rockers and these are just a little cheaper, with the work done...

If I could figure out how to get perfect fin lines to show off the chrome, I would do it myself. I never had luck with tape or perfect finishing. Maybe I will research later after work.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
And now since I looked a bit, I see some guys got them powder coated, they all look so good!
I checked with a Commercial powder coat vendor that I've dealt with in the past (many colors available) but he wasn't sure he could get a clean demarcation with the chrome fins and the powder coat.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very nice guys! I totally didn't think I would have to drop the engine to get the rear cover off...dang. Maybe next winter project. Got enough I really want to do..haha.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Very nice guys! I totally didn't think I would have to drop the engine to get the rear cover off.
Are you saying the engine does have to be dropped?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts