Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The $200 price tag is attractive as is the sleeper factor (stock bed-pan cover being used). I just can't wrap my head around paying the $500 price for the Indian AC and, no offense to those that run them, the SS air cleaner just calls out Harley to me.
Any Loydz guys in the house?

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am running the Indian on my RM, by the time you add the cost of the flash the cost difference narrows considerably...
The Indian AC is $499 plus $75 for the flash or was the flash card included? I do understand that a flash is required regardless of which AC I choose.
Good looking Roadmaster btw!

Reactions: SterlingDrive

·
Registered
902 Posts
I am running the Indian on my RM, by the time you add the cost of the flash the cost difference narrows considerably...
Now after looking at your RM i didn't realize the Indian cover came with a red outline. like the look of that. Does your primary cover have red lettering too? I can not seem to find the red versions online.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
The Indian AC is $499 plus $75 for the flash or was the flash card included? I do understand that a flash is required regardless of which AC I choose.
The flash card is included, out my way flash cards prices have 'grown' to $199.

Dave

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Now after looking at your RM i didn't realize the Indian cover came with a red outline. like the look of that. Does your primary cover have red lettering too? I can not seem to find the red versions online.
Steve, I have dropped the 'red' in myself trying to make the bike a little more 'mine'. I used sign paint, brush, thinner rag and a little patience, haha.

Dave

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
BTW, I think the new indians are some of the most beautiful bikes I have seen, but the bedpan AC though good quality and functional takes away from what is a gorgeous motorcycle. I was hesitant about the price of the Indian AC but once installed I wish I had bought it sooner.

Dave

·
Registered
902 Posts
Steve, I have dropped the 'red' in myself trying to make the bike a little more 'mine'. I used sign paint, brush, thinner wrag and a little patience, haha.

Dave
Looks fantastic. Hope you don't mind me copying your idea. could you tell me what color you used. thanks

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your RM looks great.....Like the AC!

Reactions: SterlingDrive

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Looks fantastic. Hope you don't mind me copying your idea. could you tell me what color you used. thanks
Copy away Steve, I used Sign Painter's brand red and dark blue. I had to mix them to get to the indian red color. I have had fun dropping red in all the Indian script locations. Here is a couple of them...

Dave Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Headlamp Bumper Vehicle Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Helmet Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Headlamp Auto part Vehicle Motor vehicle Vehicle Steering part Car Steering wheel

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Copy away Steve, I used Sign Painter's brand red and dark blue. I had to mix them to get to the indian red color. I have had fun dropping red in all the Indian script locations. Here is a couple of them...

A couple more...

Motor vehicle Vehicle Classic Vintage car Car

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I installed the Indian A/C on my Chieftain. It looks so much better then the stock A/C. Pricey yes but worth it to me.

·
Registered
845 Posts
The $200 price tag is attractive as is the sleeper factor (stock bed-pan cover being used). I just can't wrap my head around paying the $500 price for the Indian AC and, no offense to those that run them, the SS air cleaner just calls out Harley to me.
Any Loydz guys in the house?
I'm a bed pan man myself(cover that is). I know they have been advertised but are they available yet?

·
Registered
902 Posts
O.K. now your pictures intimidated me lol. That is a whole lot of patience.
Gives me some cool ideas though.
I think that gives your RM a real classic look. Great work thanks for the info.

·
Registered
845 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts