Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ridden my wife's 1200S and really like her bike. Enough to get a FTR for myself. I prefer the aesthetics of the standard model and don't need the fancy dash and multiple rider modes. Like the adjustable suspension though.

I'd like to know if the power delivery of the standard model is the same/similar to "stand" mode on the S. And would like a general impression of the standard model's suspension.

thanks

·
Bronze member
1,770 Posts
Swipe the suspension off your wives bike!

I could care less about the electronics. I bought the s for the suspension. Having non adjustable suspension on a almost 14k bike seemed silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Power output/tuning is the same on all FTR's..

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,297 Posts
To me anyhow I don't need the touch screen and I probably wouldn't ride anywhere near as aggressively as some would. The non S model would do in my case.

·
483 Posts
I've ridden my wife's 1200S and really like her bike. Enough to get a FTR for myself. I prefer the aesthetics of the standard model and don't need the fancy dash and multiple rider modes. Like the adjustable suspension though.

I'd like to know if the power delivery of the standard model is the same/similar to "stand" mode on the S. And would like a general impression of the standard model's suspension.

thanks
The base model,S, and RR all use the same ECU calibration, the base model uses the standard ride mode, it simply doesnt have rain & sport modes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts