Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just bought a new Ultimate seat and I’m having trouble finding a black tank bib, Has anyone removed their tank bib and just left it off? Does it look good without it? Do any of you guys have a black tank bib lying around you don’t need any more?

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
The bib is easy to remove. Lift the seat and disconnect that end, and undo the console to disconnect that end. The console end just has a rivet that you can pull the bib from but it wants you to think you need to undo the screw.

There is a slightly raised seam down the middle of the tank.

If you are trying to match a tan one to black, it's easy to dye it. Or just take it to a shoe repair shop as ask them to paint it with their black dye they use after doing repairs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh cool, I wondered about that.

I was kind of wanting to keep the one I have now tan and that way if I used the old seat I have I will still have the matching bib.

Thanks for the reply, good information!

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you do a Google search, you will find a number of aftermarket options. Most are more decorative than the stock bib, though Captain Itch sells a plain one. One option by Hopnel is a tank pouch, which I have found useful. I have not seen an aftermarket bib that costs anywhere near the $130 Polaris is asking for a stock replacement.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is that Hopnel good quality? Will it fit the regular-sized iPhone/android phones easily?
I’ve looked at those but wasn’t sure of the fitment or quality.

I just wasn’t sure if someone had something laying around house they weren’t using on the cheap or whatever as far as a bib but I’m open to options of course.

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
Is that Hopnel good quality? Will it fit the regular-sized iPhone/android phones easily?
I’ve looked at those but wasn’t sure of the fitment or quality.

I just wasn’t sure if someone had something laying around house they weren’t using on the cheap or whatever as far as a bib but I’m open to options of course.
I have the Hopnel tank pouch. It is great quality. I keep my giant Samsung Galaxy Note Edge in it when I ride. It also is easily removed, with the quick release function. You can but a corresponding belt attachment for your belt, so you can carry the pouch with you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the Hopnel tank pouch. It is great quality. I keep my giant Samsung Galaxy Note Edge in it when I ride. It also is easily removed, with the quick release function. You can but a corresponding belt attachment for your belt, so you can carry the pouch with you.
Ok cool thanks, it doesn’t seem like it could fall off or come loose at all? I wasn’t how secure that latch would be.

·
Rider
669 Posts
I put a red tank bib on my Roadmaster, because I think it blends in better with the red paint on the tank. The one I removed is tan, so that wouldn't help you out. Maybe the "bay" site will have someone's take-off, unless you decide to install the Hoprel one these guys are talking about.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Found this youtube video on how to remove and install the tank bib. I'm more of a visual learner. So appreciate when someone "Shows" what it entails to do something. Hope this helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts