Votes: 27 47.4%
  • No

Votes: 30 52.6%
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was interested to see if anyone out there that purchased a first run Scout, if they had recieved the commemorative kit yet and what it includes?

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Not yet :( :D

·
Registered
656 Posts
As fast as they are shipping the bikes I am guessing we will see ours maybe December 31st 2015!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Most of us haven't even received our bikes yet let alone the first run gift. I wouldn't expect those for 3-6 months after the last first run is delivered. If you follow the Chief threads they received belt buckles over 3 months after getting there bikes.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I did get a cardboard box with a spanner wrench and my name written with 100% sharpee on it. Is that the box people were talking about.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
My salesman gave me a Christmas present when I picked up my bike.
It was a Indian head key chain casting with a bottle opener cast into the shape on the bottom.
It had a $29.99 price tag on it. But a lookup on the Indian Accessory page showed a $10.00 price differenceWarbonnet Metal Key Fob | Indian Motorcycle Store.
I guess my dealer is pushing the limit a 'little' on the accessories?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
My salesman gave me a Christmas present when I picked up my bike.
It was a Indian head key chain casting with a bottle opener cast into the shape on the bottom.
It had a $29.99 price tag on it. But a lookup on the Indian Accessory page showed a $10.00 price differenceWarbonnet Metal Key Fob | Indian Motorcycle Store.
I guess my dealer is pushing the limit a 'little' on the accessories?
My dealer, Indian of Las Vegas has my Oct. deposit, and has never once reached out to me with anything, including a simple holiday email greeting. So far I'm unimpressed with their customer service.

·
Registered
656 Posts
My dealer, Indian of Las Vegas has my Oct. deposit, and has never once reached out to me with anything, including a simple holiday email greeting. So far I'm unimpressed with their customer service.
My dealer communication has only been in response to my sending an email or leaving a vm - don't know if they would have voluntarily sent me anything. Guess I am just to impatient to find out so I figure they have my $$ I have the right to bug them every few days!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
My dealer communication has only been in response to my sending an email or leaving a vm - don't know if they would have voluntarily sent me anything. Guess I am just to impatient to find out so I figure they have my $$ I have the right to bug them every few days!
I understand your position, but back in the day we would have expected what was once referred to as customer service. It's what separates the outstanding dealerships from the mediocre. Or one bike manufacturer from another. I do hope Polaris reaches for the high bar.

·
Registered
111 Posts
No commemorative kit yet...but Mancuso 59 in Houston *did* give me a congratulatory chocolate cake. No lie. It was very, very big and very, very good. So, kids and wife got to celebrate my bike... for dessert.
(Classy dealership, it seems to me.)
Oh yeah, the Scout is awesome, too.
:)

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
webmost - I finished your little quote.

Unmitigated risk aversion is the new Puritanism; complete with witch hunts funny outfits and humorless preachers thundering doom. The Deity is Safety; Satan is a Lawyer; but the object is the same: to suck the life out of life and tell you how to live it.
EVIL! .........The NEW Good.

·
Registered
968 Posts

Got it Today .. Finally ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice Jay! I picked my bike up Dec 17th. When did you get your bike? assume it was close to that time.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Got there Dec 12 picked it up Dec 14th

·
Registered
558 Posts

Got it Today .. Finally ..

Boy, did the speculation on the 1st Run kit be mostly missed. I heard everything from a mocked up desk gas tank with a clock, an Indian blazen kickstand pad to some fancy commemorative box. How do these rumors get going anyway! LOL!

Congrats on getting your commemorative kit Jay! What fun!

I received a package in the mail from Victory with a patch, a riders club card and a metal Victory Kickstand pad. Sort of neat. I'd post a picture but packing has hidden it away... I think?! LOL!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts