Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
I just traveled through central states from Kansas to South Carolina and back. Not much traffic, no problems except many many businesses closed down. Plenty of highway patrol stopping speed violators. HD dealers shut down everywhere.

·
Belgian rider
545 Posts
The same measures apply in Belgium = Stay at Home ! It is forbidden to do fun rides with the bike.
When the Police stops you, then you will have to prove that you are making a necessary move. For example, to buy food or help those in need such as the elderly etc. The police here rely a lot on common sense. If an infringement is found, there is a fine of 250 Euros, immediately payable. There is almost no traffic in the area anymore.
Nature recovers rapidly and never-before-seen animals suddenly appear. Yet something that is positive in this bleak time. Stay healthy and Safe ! Ugh from our tipi at the Belgium Tribe.

·
Read Only
6,804 Posts
I think the police have lots better things to do than pulling over a rider. There is still real crime out there and if anything pertaining to social distancing, they are dispersing groups or gatherings of people. They don’t want the virus any more than you do.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Currently work as a fire Capt. here in central NorCal and am on my bikes every chance I get. I've seen more bikes on the road than usual. C-19 , seems pretty bad but it can't catch me social distancing pulling through the gears. That said SoCal police arrested a sole paddleboarder alone in the ocean. Stay safe everyone and keep the rubber side down and face into the wind

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
Has anyone who lives in a state with the stay at home deal been pulled over for riding by a leo? I saw three guys riding today and its killing me just to watch.
Ride every nice day in Michigan no problem bikes everywhere.

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
we still have our constitutional rights.
Even if you are pulled over and ticked, it will be thrown out in court.
Besides that, we are able to leave to gather needed supplies..

Just please follow common sense and be extra careful.
You Really don't want to be in a hospital right now, and they don't want you there either...

·
Bronze member
1,994 Posts
BTW its good to be at least a Registered Member by now .

* note from Hink: apologies. This is a manual system (ie i do it) and upgrade rider levels as I see posts (after burning out my eyeballs searching every thread for about a week). Obviously I missed any of your posts. Sorry...

·
Bronze member
1,949 Posts
Alabama finally put the stay at home order into affect as a 5 o’clock today. Still see people out including me that was at the park already when I checked the news and found out about it. Will ride the motorcycle home confident I’ll be OK and not ticketed for that.

Reactions: Roadmasternut

·
Bronze member
3,344 Posts
I live in one of the 5 states without one... doubt they'll ever issue one... something about our constitution they say... every state is different.... MN has a stay at home but recreational driving is permitted

·
Rider
655 Posts
Been riding every nice day and
chance I get in MN. Lots of police out and even more motorcycles. Good friend of mine is a county Sheriff that covers all of St Paul and he said we are good. He said they are ordered to not pull people over unless it’s absolutely necessary. They want their deputies safe for what’s truly needed as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rider
1,568 Posts
I’m a police officer in Ohio. I rode to and from work. We are allowed to engage in outside activities as long as social distancing is done. Ya can’t ride a motorcycle in your house. You can fit groceries in saddle bags and backpacks and checking family is important did not say what kind of vehicle you have to use to do it. Obviously this is situational pending the area and how bad it’s affected. If people don’t get out they are gonna see a lot of domestics and court cases. If it’s not constitutional it’s a no go.

1 - 20 of 197 Posts