Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some storage for my scout bobber and thinking these might work. I have a 2018 scout bobber with a corbin brave saddle. They seem like they would work but curious if others have tried. If you have them on your bike now throw up some pictures.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not really looked at the Indian bag for the scout and like that but concerned it would sit on my exhaust. I don't need a ton of storage enough for a water bottle and a few other small items.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That looks good ill check some of those out. Also have a local place that has some of the thrashin supply bags in stock. I'm going to ride up there one day and see if they fit. Ill post some pictures if I do.

·
Registered
160 Posts
After looking at their website... I say strap one of these to the side of your bike, save some money and you will have ice for days. For what purpose I still haven't figured out. And I thought Yeti's were expensive for a cooler.🤣 You also get a sticker to put on your truck to show off... at least that what the country boys to in NC and SC. Happy Quarantine !

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tried them out today, wasn't able to get the finder and seat bolted back on. It was close I think I'm going to buy them and try to make it work. Not great pictures but took a few

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Were these fairly easy to install even though they aren't specific to the scout? I have a Scout ABS and am looking at getting these as well.
Yes they just lay over the back fender pretty much. They have velcro in the middle to adjust the length on each side. The only issue I had was the velcro is kinda thick and under the seat there are the rubber pieces to keep the seat off the fender. Getting the bolts back in for the seat was tough with both the velcro pieces and the rubber between the seat and the fender.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yes they just lay over the back fender pretty much. They have velcro in the middle to adjust the length on each side. The only issue I had was the velcro is kinda thick and under the seat there are the rubber pieces to keep the seat off the fender. Getting the bolts back in for the seat was tough with both the velcro pieces and the rubber between the seat and the fender.
Sweet, I'll have to pick these up soon. Thanks for the feedback

·
Registered
15 Posts
These bags look great! I have the stock seat, does the bags have a way to stay in place with no seat or pillion on top of them?

·
Registered
2018 Indian Scout Bobber
59 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
These bags look great! I have the stock seat, does the bags have a way to stay in place with no seat or pillion on top of them?
Not sure they will stay on with the stock seat, they do have some straps to hold them on but the main strap goes under the pillion seat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was thinking about getting the Saddlemen step up down the road, might as well get it now so it can hold down the main strap. Thanks!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I was thinking about getting the Saddlemen step up down the road, might as well get it now so it can hold down the main strap. Thanks!
If I recall correctly, Dean Speed can modify the step up saddlemen seat for the scout/bobber. I was going to go that route but I decided to get my stock seat re-upholstered in the mean time, I ended up loving the stock seat with the new upholstery and doubt I'll get the saddlemen now

·
Registered
15 Posts
View attachment 618331
If I recall correctly, Dean Speed can modify the step up saddlemen seat for the scout/bobber. I was going to go that route but I decided to get my stock seat re-upholstered in the mean time, I ended up loving the stock seat with the new upholstery and doubt I'll get the saddlemen now
Why should I need to modify it? Saddlemen sells a step up for the scout bobber

·
Registered
113 Posts
Why should I need to modify it? Saddlemen sells a step up for the scout bobber
I may have worded that incorrectly... they can modify the bobber step up seat for a regular scout. I have a 2020 scout, not a bobber, thats why if I got one I would need it to be modified.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts