Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The grips were changed in 2018 on most models from chrome end caps to all molded rubber grips. I really like the old style as they were more classy (my opinion).

I was going to purchase the old style heated grips to put on my 2021 Springfield but was told their not interchangeable.

Has anyone changed to the old style grips on a newer model without just gluing on the chrome inserts?

·
Registered
660 Posts
They are not interchangeable.
The electronic throttle is not even close to being the same. The older style throttle was controlled at opened end of the grip because the throttle was built in the control housing. Now the newer style is controlled on the inside of the grip at the closed end because the throttle inside the handle bars now

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the knowledge Thomas. I really liked the older grips with the chrome end caps but it looks like I will have to go with the newer heated grips. I thought that Indian made the change to reduce costs, the end caps cost almost $50 each.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It doesn't sound like one can cut out the ends so gluing would be about the only way. Has anyone tried this?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Couldn't cut out the new ends, but pull old chrome caps out, cut off the tabs and glue to new grips

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts