Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone with a Springfield installed the reduced reach bar? If so, what was your experience? Can you share a ballpark cost of the parts/install if installed by your dealer?

Thanks for any info!

Kathy

·
KHAOS
534 Posts
I put them on my first RM (2016) and I believe they were responsible for me believing that my seat was to close. I just got a 2019 with standard bars and I am in a better seat position. I will not be putting on the reduced reach bars on this bike. The only way I would put them on now is IF i were to get a custom seat that put me back 2 inches. I like to reach out with my legs; I'm used to Dyna Harleys with forward controls. Always sat way back.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How tall are you? I am 5'2" and already have a reduced reach seat but my arms are fully extended to grip the handlebars.

Kathy

·
Registered
67 Posts
I know I'm late coming in here, but....

I'm almost 5' 2 and I have not put the reduced reach bars or seat on my Springfield. I did on my Scout and would do it again. But I've ridden my Springfield as is for year and haven't had any issues. 🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know I'm late coming in here, but....

I'm almost 5' 2 and I have not put the reduced reach bars or seat on my Springfield. I did on my Scout and would do it again. But I've ridden my Springfield as is for year and haven't had any issues. 🤷‍♀️
Thanks for the reply. I have a reduced reach seat but my arms are still fully straight out when I am gripping the bars. After a while, I can feel some pain between my shoulder blades. I am thinking there really should be some bend in my elbows to make things more comfortable. Hmmm...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm only 5'1" - I tried the reduced reach on my new Scout - still no bend in the elbows, either. I'm now looking at the RSD risers - they'll bring bars back almost 2" - I think it will do the trick. I also have the RSD mid-controls which made a BIG difference (you can't use the Kuryakins on the '20 anyway) I also have the reduced-reach seat. And, I'm used to a BMW F650GS, so cruiser-style is not totally for me, but I LOVE my new Scout, so I'll keep working with her!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats on the new Scout. I was looking to find an F650GS recently and discovered that they are hard to come by. I wanted a second, smaller bike for scooting around locally so I started hunting the used bike market. I ended up with a 2018 Scout Bobber on Saturday so I'm now trying to learn about the Scout models. It does have the 10" mini apes that I had tilted back to reach me. I like 'em pretty well.

Kathy

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just installed the reduced reach bars on my Springfield. I am 5'0", and also have the reduced reach seat. From my first impressions, I think that they'll be an improvement. I now have a slight bend in my elbows, and do not feel as much strain on my upper back and neck. My husband and I installed them ourselves, so I don't know what a dealer would charge. It took us a couple hours, so would likely take the dealer a little less time since they know exactly what they're doing, and the best my husband and I can say is that we're YouTube Certified Mechanics lol :ROFLMAO:

I'll have a better idea next month when we ride out to Washington and Oregon from Chicago.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts