Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Rider
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to change out mufflers on my Vintage. Just need a different look. Looking for your thoughts on looks, sound, and quality. They seem to be reasonably priced also. Any pics would be great too. Thanks in advance.

·
Rider
659 Posts
I have them on my 16 Chief DH. I have the Indian stage 2 cams and they rumble very nicely. Not tinny at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rider
659 Posts

They sound great. There’s a video of them at FuelMoto. I’ll try to attach the link. I had them ceramic coated and then added hardbags. I love the sound. Throaty but not obnoxious.

·
Rider
659 Posts
Title is wrong. They aren’t Freedom mufflers nor is the bike a 2014...it’s a 2016!! RPM is at 950 also...if it’s knocked down to 800-850 sounds even better.

·
Rider
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Title is wrong. They aren’t Freedom mufflers nor is the bike a 2014...it’s a 2016!! RPM is at 950 also...if it’s knocked down to 800-850 sounds even better.

Thanks wasichu34. I really appreciate the help. They do sound good. I think I'll pull the trigger on these.

·
Rider
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ordered and installed the chrome RCX 4” mufflers on my Vintage. They are one of the best sounding mufflers I’ve heard. Quality is real good. I want to thank @wasichu34 for his reply and recommendation. I highly recommend these if you’re looking to change mufflers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have them with a Freedom True dual Head pipe on a 2018 Springfield Dark Horse.. They sound awesome! can't go wrong. Had Vance and Hines slip ons before that. quality pipe also, but they weren't throaty enough for me and these look great. Will post pics later.

·
Rider
659 Posts
Ordered and installed the chrome RCX 4” mufflers on my Vintage. They are one of the best sounding mufflers I’ve heard. Quality is real good. I want to thank @wasichu34 for his reply and recommendation. I highly recommend these if you’re looking to change mufflers.
Glad you’re happy with them! Enjoy the ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts