Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as the title asks , anyone have any dealings with Dean Speed . I ordered some bars 3 weeks ago , called and was told they would be done last weekend and shipped out . No such luck , still haven't received them over a week later and have no communication .

I realize the world has a lot of garbage currently going on and also realize parts are made to order but at least communicate a bit . I'm not bashing the man at all , I know he makes quality product I'm just curious if people have experienced longer delivery times .

·
Founding member
1,166 Posts
I personally would never do business with a company/person who doesn't even list Indian as one of it's parts selections... Not saying he's a bad guy, but if you can't list my bikes make in your selections, you ain't getting my business.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I have his sissy bar for my Scout60.
Bought it May 2019 so it's not a fresh experience in my mind, but I do slightly remember feeling like the shipment notification and time was less than confidence-inspiring. I did speak with him on the phone and he was real nice and helpful. The product did arrive and I wouldn't say it was so long that I was angry about it - just longer than expected.

EDIT: I THINK the issue with my order was powdercoating. Might be the same with yours. I would guess he might wait until he has a batch ready to go to the powdercoater for a batch deal on his end? Maybe that is the hold up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have his sissy bar for my Scout60.
Bought it May 2019 so it's not a fresh experience in my mind, but I do slightly remember feeling like the shipment notification and time was less than confidence-inspiring. I did speak with him on the phone and he was real nice and helpful. The product did arrive and I wouldn't say it was so long that I was angry about it - just longer than expected.

EDIT: I THINK the issue with my order was powdercoating. Might be the same with yours. I would guess he might wait until he has a batch ready to go to the powdercoater for a batch deal on his end? Maybe that is the hold up.
I mean get it , 100 percent and like I said I called and spoke with him and he was cool on the phone . I have no problem paying for quality product , but would like to know a little something here or there without having to call .

·
Registered
410 Posts
I mean get it , 100 percent and like I said I called and spoke with him and he was cool on the phone . I have no problem paying for quality product , but would like to know a little something here or there without having to call .
facebook is how ive always had good luck reaching out to him with good response times. but you also have to remember he is a SMALL shop i think its only him and maybe 2-3 employees. much less the fact most of his stuff is made to order.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I personally would never do business with a company/person who doesn't even list Indian as one of it's parts selections... Not saying he's a bad guy, but if you can't list my bikes make in your selections, you ain't getting my business.
guess you missed the part of his front page where it says scout/octane?

·
Registered
327 Posts
No issue with him. I recently received my sissy bar from him. Shortly after putting my order in, I email him asking roughly how long I should expect to have it , he said two to three weeks. Got it 2 1/2 later.

His workmanship is top notch, very beautiful welds and solid.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have one of his sissybars. Its been great! I was on a tight timeframe because I had a multi day trip coming up so I paid for an expedited order. I had a great experience, and look forward to purchasing more parts from him in the future (highway bars, maybe handlebars)

·
Registered
155 Posts
I ordered a sissy bar from Dean Speed for France. I communicated with him via email and I don't speak English well (thank you google translation). He answered me about 2 days later. and I received my sissy bar after a month, which was planned for manufacturing and shipping to France. I would order many other items like the belt cover but the France USA tax stops me a little

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello, I'am from Russia, and I ordered from Dean Speed - sissy bar for my scout. It was very hard to deliver it here, because Dean Speed work with FedEx.
FedEx doesn't work with person here. So, my parcel was shiped back to USA.
Dean Speed done great work and my parcel was delivered directly to me in a second time. All work and deliver took 1.5 mounth.
It was in december 2019. Dean Speed are very good guys !

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've ordered from Dean-Speed a few times. Pegs, exhaust and handlebars. All three times the product quality was outstanding. No issues there. Yes, the time frame from order to delivery could have been shorter, but (as someone else mentioned above) he is a small business, so I pretty much expected there to be a slightly longer than normal lead time. Personally, I will continue to order parts/products from Dean-Speed.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,086 Posts
I've ordered from him a couple times. Usually very fast, and top quality.

Be patient, this virus thing might be throwing everything for a loop with manufacturing and shipping processes...

·
Rider
764 Posts
Just as the title asks , anyone have any dealings with Dean Speed . I ordered some bars 3 weeks ago , called and was told they would be done last weekend and shipped out . No such luck , still haven't received them over a week later and have no communication .

I realize the world has a lot of garbage currently going on and also realize parts are made to order but at least communicate a bit . I'm not bashing the man at all , I know he makes quality product I'm just curious if people have experienced longer delivery times .

text MYKHA at his phone no. That’s on the Dean speed sight. Ask what the status is on your order. He’ll text you back. He’s a good guy,,, does fantastic work. I bought a sissy bar from um. Try the text, see how that go’s.

·
Registered
113 Posts
When I ordered my Mongrels it took a bit longer than when I order parts from a large supplier, but everything is made to order and he does great work. I think 3-4 weeks is a fair lead time for what he does.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Top guy. Awesome quality product. He is a small shop, give the man some time, he may have a lot on his plate. I sell his gear in New Zealand. If there is ever a problem, he will sort it. He replies quickest on Messenger.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts