Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, I got my Scout Bobber Sixty a couple weeks ago. One mod that I really want to do is to install the Nacelle similar to a regular Scout Bobber. The head light setup is a bit different on sixty when compared to a regular scout, there is a screw that sticks out at the bottom that interferes with the fit. Wondering if anyone has done this on their sixty bobber.

Capture1.PNG
Capture.PNG

·
Registered
59 Posts
There is a much longer thread that involves cutting and fitting among other things with step by step instructions, but this one has a pretty simple fix. I see a lot of issues with the rubber gasket that comes with the nacelle not fitting properly (because the bobber uses a smaller housing or something), but I doubt there will be any serious issues if you install it over the regular headlight housing anyway or skip it entirely. I don't know how different the new sixty bobber is from the other sixty and normal scout, but you may get away with just drilling a hole and matching the little tab to fit through it before putting the screw back in if it sticks out below the nacelle.

Installed an OEM Bobber Nacelle on my Scout

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a much longer thread that involves cutting and fitting among other things with step by step instructions, but this one has a pretty simple fix. I see a lot of issues with the rubber gasket that comes with the nacelle not fitting properly (because the bobber uses a smaller housing or something), but I doubt there will be any serious issues if you install it over the regular headlight housing anyway or skip it entirely. I don't know how different the new sixty bobber is from the other sixty and normal scout, but you may get away with just drilling a hole and matching the little tab to fit through it before putting the screw back in if it sticks out below the nacelle.

Installed an OEM Bobber Nacelle on my Scout
Thanks buddy!! Just have to source the used one for now.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I wanted to do that too, but would have to paint it to match my bike, so I got a small windscreen instead. Good luck searching, it's going to look great!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts