Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of doing something to help with the wind at highway speeds.
There's 3 options I've found: Cafe Fairing for 2018 - 2019 Indian Scout Bobber
-one of the 3 Memphis Shades (they don't list dimensions, so not sure which is the smallest),
-Kuryakan Sprint Cafe Fairing : Kuryakyn Sprint Cafe Fairing For Indian Scout 2015-2019 | 10% ($15.00) Off! - RevZilla
-Evil Empire Designs: EED Fairing For Indian Scout - Evil Empire Designs

Does anyone have one of these and can share if it helped with the wind, and photos to see how it looks?
I wanna keep the Bobber a Bobber. But I also wanna ride it on the friggan highway!

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
1404E3DD-D7E1-4114-8B5F-E1D7E4B21F83.jpeg
Yup, got the sprint signature series one from kuryakyn. Does move the wind a lot better than nothing. I broke the first one with a good pothole, they replaced it free at sturgis last year. I’ve added another middle upper brace and haven’t had any other issues with it.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
View attachment 484668 Yup, got the sprint signature series one from kuryakyn. Does move the wind a lot better than nothing. I broke the first one with a good pothole, they replaced it free at sturgis last year. I’ve added another middle upper brace and haven’t had any other issues with it.
Thanks for sharing. Are you happy with the look of it? Its hard to tell wo more pics.

I want it more for practical reasons. Im also considering the memphis shade - wish someone with a black bobber had one here!

How the hell did it break from a pothole?!

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
8C1FE45A-53FC-4C94-88F1-0313C19AAE2F.jpeg

It only has 2 mounting bolts that go under the triple tree. That allows it to rock front to back. I added another middle support bracket that goes from the center upper bolt to under my speedo. No more breakage. Hard to tell from this pic. By the way that break goes all the way thru to the front side

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
4DB421E4-2A78-41FB-8E9D-FB357F3A7BCB.jpeg

I like the looks and the wind break it gives. I showed a tech from kuryakyn last year and how they should improve it....oh well.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks good man. How did you get it to match that stock color? Is that the default color it comes with or did you have to buy paint from Indian or something?

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Nah just a matt black, in most light looks okay. It comes shiny abs plastic finish.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is probably a dumb question, but how do I get this painted?

Like whats the type of business I should look up and call to get them to do this task?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nah just a matt black, in most light looks okay. It comes shiny abs plastic finish.
Sadly Kurykan doesnt make these anymore and they are sold out everywhere.

Not sure what to get now.. possibly the Memphis Shade Cafe but cant tell if I like the look.

Theres also Arlen Ness, Evil Empire Designs, John Shope/Dirty Bird... none of them really excite me as much as the Kury. Maybe someone will sell me theirs who doesnt want it anymore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts