Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, really curious to see what the Challenger looks like with no fairing, does anyone have a picture/video or able to point me to one?

Cheers!

·
Bronze member
1,458 Posts
I have taken my fairing off.......piece of cake.....lot behind the skin!!! If you have any questions, let me know. Glad to help!!!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,802 Posts
Cool. looks like that one has a lowered (slammed) rear suspension and special (tail dragger) style saddlebags. Also looks like the forks are raked out more.

·
4,802 Posts
I can at least visualize a stripped down model without the fairing now. Not lowered & raked out like that one but still a good visual impression none the less.

·
Registered
292 Posts
It kinda looks like a chubby scout

Reactions: Ridin_low and Ako

·
Rider
502 Posts
Yah that's the fat tire kit someone is working on. I think it has air ride too. Love the way the rake looks, but I could never ride that

Reactions: Ako

·
4,802 Posts
Some custom bikes give up a lot in ride-ability just to get a certain look. Choppers and now Big-Wheel Baggers come to mind.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for replies, really tempted to upgrade to Challenger but might wait a year see if they bring out an un-faired variant for 2021 models

·
4,802 Posts
I think they will probably roll out a full dresser version to rival the RM as well as an unfaired version. The unfaired one might be comparable to the Springfield I am guessing. With the bike being somewhat like a bigger version of the Scout there could possibly be a bobber variant as well. Maybe for 2022 who knows?

·
Registered
309 Posts
I will not be surprised if a street bike comes out with that motor. Indian doesn't have a mid size bike like the Hammer, stopping production on the Victory has made way for that type of bike now. The Scout and the Challenger are introducing / conditioning people for the style and design change. The Challenger has smashed Harley in comparison with power& suspension, so a model challenger with no fairing and slight rake is probably already on the drawing board.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,075 Posts
Wow, that's the most torn down pics I've seen so far. I'm curious, what all are you doing to it?

Reactions: Ako

·
Bronze member
1,458 Posts
Gotta love that high tech aluminum swing arm!!! Won't see that on a Harvey Donaldson.......at least not on their current bikes!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow, that's the most torn down pics I've seen so far. I'm curious, what all are you doing to it?
It’s this far apart for the speaker upgrade, bars, and intake. I did pipes, crash bars, and back rest with extended reach seat too. I am 6’5” tall, and the bike fits me perfectly. Coming off a 2012 CCT, and this bike is not only faster, but it feels lighter and more nimble as well. 55 miles (it‘s still winter here) down in two days, and I can’t wait for a long trip.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts