Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Rider
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be trailer'ing the bike out to Rapid City (where I stay) on August 1st and then heading out West (Zion, GC, Death Valley, Hwy 1, Glacier, etc.) for 1.5 week then back to Rapid City to ride Sturgis area and leaving on the 17th to return home.

Just curious if anyone else is riding the area(s). Always enjoy meeting up with other hard core riders (no drinkers and/or bar hoppers).

·
Bronze member
1,959 Posts
Jr. and I will be riding out. Leaving 8/7 but will not be going straight to Sturgis. Tentative plans are to hit Pikes Peak, Yellowstone, BTP and other places then heading to Sturgis for the last 2 days of the rally and stay a few days after to ride the sites there then heading home.

Reactions: RedChieftain

·
Read Only
6,804 Posts
Yes. One way or another. If the group plan stays together, I’m riding the Chieftain out with nephews and friends. If they fall apart, I’ll be on the KTM 1190 for a couple days in the Black Hills, then maybe headed to Alaska.

·
Read Only
416 Posts
Yep, Lord willing it will be my ninth time riding out since 1994. Visit downtown usually once during an afternoon. Riding the hills and surrounding area the rest of the time....I'll wave if'n we pass...?

I should also mention this will be the first year riding out on something other than a model from Milwaukee...first year out was on an aqua FXSTC loaded to the hilt...that's me on the left before all the grey in the beard.
First Sturgis trip 1994 first gas stop with Doug Gasaway.jpg

·
Registered
150 Posts
Booked and payed for, staying in Deadwood! Heading out from ID on the 8th and staying the whole week.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Riding up from South Texas. With a stop in Denver to meet friends and then up/over to STURGIS

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'll be trailer'ing the bike out to Rapid City (where I stay) on August 1st and then heading out West (Zion, GC, Death Valley, Hwy 1, Glacier, etc.) for 1.5 week then back to Rapid City to ride Sturgis area and leaving on the 17th to return home.

Just curious if anyone else is riding the area(s). Always enjoy meeting up with other hard core riders (no drinkers and/or bar hoppers).
Im riding from Kaufman county Tx. We are taking the scenic route maybe 3 days up and back

·
Founding Member
1,929 Posts
Did not think it was going to work out but a buddy and I will be there the first weekend. We have a room at the Franklin in Deadwood, great place with much better food than most anywhere else in the area. The waiting list to get a room is usually 1-2 years, but once you get off the waiting list your room is yours every year if you want it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Riding from Ga, to my son's place in Ohio, then we are headed out on about the forth, both on Chieftans. Staying just south of Deadwood,. Once there we will meet up with the rest of the gang. Always a great time.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'll be there..

Staying at the steel pony campground.

Heading out the 10th.. I live in Central Minnesota, so it ain't no thing riding there in a day.. 7hrs ride time with minimal stops.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Rider
1,147 Posts
I'll be there the week prior and opening weekend. Riding with a few buddies and camping at Wyatts Hideout. Pulling my Leesure Lite. Riding from Northwest Ontaro.

--
Gordon

·
Administrator
15,955 Posts
Day ride (probly) up from Roxborough (Denver area). Can always make time for a beer and a burger before I head back if anybody wants to meet up.

·
Rider
1,071 Posts
Thinking about going this year, it's in my own back yard so to speak, 200 miles South of me, Indian of Sturgis is my dealer, they installed all my Stage 2 upgrades on my Chieftain....except my PV3.

I don't drink, but am up for a few Root Beers and pound a few burgers =)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Day ride (probly) up from Roxborough (Denver area). Can always make time for a beer and a burger before I head back if anybody wants to meet up.
I was thinking of doing the same thing. How long a day is it? Would love to ride the Vintage up there.

·
Administrator
15,955 Posts
850 mi RT. I’m usually wheels up @ 0530 and home by 2130 — includes a trip to the mothership and a stop @ Deadwood Tobacco Co for a box of stogeys.

·
Registered
300 Posts
850 mi RT. I’m usually wheels up @ 0530 and home by 2130 — includes a trip to the mothership and a stop @ Deadwood Tobacco Co for a box of stogeys.
Ever catch Brandon Sprague playing the blues at the Tobacco Co?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 41 Posts