Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Rider
655 Posts
We already rented our house two weeks ago. Sturgis will happen for us whether or not the “event” is official or not. We go for the riding and catching up with friends. We will ride out and have fun and put on miles regardless of COVID or what the city of Sturgis decides. I have enough t-shirts and honestly don’t want to listen to a bunch of opinions on world affairs from the gang hanging at One Eyed Jacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Read Only
6,804 Posts
As far as the main rally, you won’t see any health impact for almost 2 weeks with most attendees already home either sleeping peacefully in bed snuggled up to their naked spouse, or in the hospital on a ventilator. Now it’s those Wingers who go early that might send out Covid smoke signals and cause some disruption during the real rally with the real bikers. I say, if you see a Winger on his or her way to the Black Hills early, steal their GPS...it will take them weeks just to find the next county let alone the Black Hills. Look for me on my KTM riding the off pavement trails. If you can catch me I’ll let you buy me a beer.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
I will be going. I’ve gone almost every year since ‘92. I will be solo and tent camping off my KTM ADV. I’m staying away from crowds and mostly dual sport riding the gravel roads and ATV trails. I also plan on doing a loop through Wyoming exploring Back Country Discovery Routes.
This is good info. You will be the only KTM Adventure bike out there. I wish you luck getting out of there in one piece. For the Majority of this country and especially for those who believe in American values, the flag and all it stands for there will be a day of reckoning for all who disrespect this country, and post shit on Independence day. Now is the time for real Ameriicans and those who came here to the land of opportunity, to stop being silent and take back our country, our liberties and our freedom. Mr. Antifa, may shame be upon you.

·
Registered
2012 Indian Chief Vintage . 2016 Indian Roadmaster
569 Posts
Sturgis 2013, we went out for the unveiling of the new version of Indian
From left, 1939 Worlds Fair Edition Chief-owned by Mon Ami Mario from Montreal, 1999 Gilroy Chief (1st year Gilroy) owned by my friend Jeff here in NC, 2009 Kings Mountain Chief (1st year), owned by my buddy Steve from here in NC, my 2012 Serial #00000002 second Polaris Indian manufactured, and the last one a 2013 Vintage LE owns by the famous Mark Moses former owner of Charlotte Indian. At the time of this photo we spanned the entire history of the Indian Motorcycle with this photo. I will never go there again during the event. Too many wish-I wuzes. I think 16 died that year and 14 were motorcycle on motorcycle deaths.

·
Read Only
6,804 Posts
There you go, thank you. I will go on the record as not deleting ANY of my posts. But since there is someone of authority with this forum who did. I will refrain from further discussion here. My battles will be fought on other fronts.

·
Bronze member
1,243 Posts
I will be going to Sturgis 2020. Probably wont meet many new people due social distancing. At least the kind I intend to do. Ride, Ride, Ride. Ride to the event, Camp for a week and Ride home from. While in the area, there are several hundred miles of roads through country side I want to go see and see again. So please, please, please stay at least 6 feet away from my bike. I will wave at the bros on the road, may not converse with you but I will do all that I can to keep you and myself safe from the Beer Bug (Corona Virus) I dont want to get sick and I expect you dont want to get sick either. I think it would ruin the fun and the memory of good time. Keep your knees in the breeze.

Reactions: high plains rider

·
Bronze member
3,355 Posts
received a e mail from the mothership today... basically it boils down to this (they are going to be there)
1. rally patches will be available at the dealership
2. demos will be at the dealership and Lazelle St.
3. VIP demos at the dealership only and must pre-register online
4. those with Elite status the gift is available at the dealership

I don't know if registering for the VIP demos makes you elite or if you are a elite member of the IRMG... but the VIP demos are you pick your bike and you get 1 hour on your own with it..

61 - 80 of 90 Posts