Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone planning to go? There is a large effort to organize an East Coast Ride to Sturgis 2020. The is primarily a ride sponsored and promoted by Freemasons from around the world. The group, Widows Sons Masonic Riding Association, is planning the ride starting from Washington, DC. Widows Sons in South Dakota are planning daily events and activities as well.

Since several of the group starting from Wash DC will be Indian Motorcycles, maybe there is interest here? You do NOT have be be a Widows Son member or a Mason to join the ride.

Here is a link to the website detailing ride information:
East Coast Ride to Sturgis

·
Read Only
416 Posts
To answer your question, yes. Starting with the first one for us in 1994, this will be our 9th trip riding from K'ville.

As for the East Coast Widows Sons Masonic Ride, I hope it goes well and the ride and experiences along the way are memorable...in a good way. May God be with you in this and all of life's journeys.

·
Administrator
14,687 Posts
I’m there every year, although often it’s just an 850mi day ride. If there’s a group coming in, tho, I will modify and see if I can join you for the final days ride in and a brew afterwards.

·
Rider
1,127 Posts
I am planning on going. I have not been to a Sturgis Rally. Went to Sturgis (mount rushmore) last summer a couple week prior to the rally.

Pulling a trailer and camping.

--
Gordon

·
Registered
237 Posts
Haven’t been for a few years. Going with 9 people who have never been. Going a few days before the official start and bulk of the crowds arrive. First time going with a house rented instead of camping.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I am planning on going. I have not been to a Sturgis Rally. Went to Sturgis (mount rushmore) last summer a couple week prior to the rally.

Pulling a trailer and camping.

--
Gordon
That's funny. Me too.
Juat checked....I was there about June 18th.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
It's a huge commitment. 1800 miles for me (one way)....probably pretty costly. I'd love to be there the week BEFORE. Everyone I have talked to said that was when to be there.

I'm gonna try and be out there.

·
Bronze member
2,557 Posts
It's a huge commitment. 1800 miles for me (one way)....probably pretty costly. I'd love to be there the week BEFORE. Everyone I have talked to said that was when to be there.

I'm gonna try and be out there.
I would recommend to anyone that arriving sometime the week before is the best plan. You can knock out all the great places to see/ride before the hoard arrives. The week of the rally, every road, tourist spot, etc. is packed. Stay for a couple of days the week of the rally then head home.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I would recommend to anyone that arriving sometime the week before is the best plan. You can knock out all the great places to see/ride before the hoard arrives. The week of the rally, every road, tourist spot, etc. is packed. Stay for a couple of days the week of the rally then head home.
I think that is the #1 piece of advice I have heard.
I've been to plenty of rallies and sat for hours in traffic with my bike roasting me.

I really want to tour the area and head to Wyoming.

Someone tell my family I will be hone for the bulk of the summer.

·
Bronze member
3,349 Posts
It’s the 80th anniversary this year, we usually go every year but may skip this one as they are expecting over 800,000.
that would be a huge jump... as the attendance has been steadily dropping over the years...

·
Rider
448 Posts
I am in the Atlanta Georgia area. Anyone from this area going to Sturgis 2020?
I'm planning on going with another fellow from Tennessee. This is my first trip to Sturgis. He's been a couple of times. We'll be trailering out and staying a week to 10 days.

Reactions: Old Cheif

·
Registered
306 Posts
We were there last summer shortly after the rally, though without the bike. We may make the trip out this summer for the rally. Of course, we're only a couple states over in Idaho.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts