Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Originally yes, but live in the Florida panhandle. Moved around growing up but lived mostly on the eastern edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
178 Posts
No, but as a lad I worked for my uncle in the summers, hauling grain to such cosmopolitan places as Galesburg, Hunter and Grandin.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
430 Posts
As a kid I used to visit my Grandparents, Uncles, & Cousins in Mandan & Fargo. We used to go grouse & duck hunting. I always used a whole box of ammo. I see my Cousins every once in a while in Detroit Lakes. I had a small interest in an oil well, oil company now bankrupt.

·
Bronze member
1,474 Posts
Is there an Indian dealer in ND?!?! I'm making my way to Sturgis in a couple weeks......that's about as close as I'm going to get to ND. Heard that the roads are like glass up there!!!!!

·
Rider
561 Posts
Not from ND but rode through your great state in 2016 on my way home to Ohio from Glacier National Park. Cruised Route 2 across the state. It’s a nice two lane road. I enjoyed the ride. 👍

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is there an Indian dealer in ND?!?! I'm making my way to Sturgis in a couple weeks......that's about as close as I'm going to get to ND. Heard that the roads are like glass up there!!!!!
Dealers in Fargo, Bismarck and Sturgis. I’m not sure what you mean by the roads being like glass. Some can be a little rough due to freeze thaw cycles and oilfield traffic, but not terrible. It’s not great riding like NC or TN, but it’s by no means glass roads.

·
Registered
178 Posts
No but rode through your great state in 2016 on my way home to Ohio from Glacier National Park. Cruised Route 2 across the state. It’s a nice two lane road. I enjoyed the ride. 👍
I took that road from Grand Forks to Minot AFB in my '68 Charger back in 1992. Good times.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I drive hwy-2 everyday for work. State doesn’t a decent job actually of maintaining the heavily traveled roads in my opinion. Every construction season some portion of the highway is being worked on; either chip seal (not a fan of taking the bike on that when it’s fresh) or doing real stripping and overlaying. Right now there’s a stretch between Berthold and Stanley getting some love on 2.

Don’t really get the glass thing though.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Spent the first 18 years of my life growing up in Bismarck. I joined the Air Force and said "send me to a foreign country and let me see the world" ......and they sent me to Arkansas. Got out of Active Duty 30 years ago and made it a life here. Still go back and see the family every year or 2, usually around the 4th.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts